iPhone Friday – The Distillery District

I was in the Distillery District after work one day this week and I didn’t have my DSLR with me but I did have my trusty iPhone. The Distillery  is a historic district and entertainment area whose cobblestoned streets are filled with galleries, restaurants and shops.

All images were taken and processed with my iPhone. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Art Installation

Cube Works

Coffee House

Backwards Condo

If you’ve purchased Craft & Vision ebooks you know what a great value they are.

You can get the entire library at a special price at PhotoWhoa. Have a look.

About these ads

1. You are very creative, love your style and how you make the scene beautiful.
    Have a great week-end!

Anne :)

April 27, 2012 at 6:59 am

2. Great work, love the backwards Condo.

April 27, 2012 at 7:13 am

3. What a cool collection of shots here Edith, you are a master with an iPhone!

April 27, 2012 at 7:15 am

Great images Edith. Who needs any other camera when you can shoot like this with your iPhone? You are masterful with it.

April 27, 2012 at 7:24 am

5. Good stuff, Edith. Have a great weekend!

April 27, 2012 at 7:50 am

6. chrisnitz

That piece of art in the second shot is pretty sweet. I also liked the detail shot in the coffee house. Mmmm, coffee!

April 27, 2012 at 7:53 am

7. You almost have me to the point of considering the aquisition of an iphone. Great shots.

April 27, 2012 at 8:02 am

8. Great shots Edith

April 27, 2012 at 9:23 am

9. I like them all! My favorites are coffee house and art installation.

April 27, 2012 at 11:27 am

10. Very cool set. I like that corkscrew looking thing.

April 27, 2012 at 12:00 pm

11. Great group of shots

April 27, 2012 at 12:59 pm

12. You always manage to find interesting scenes.

April 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm

13. Jim Nix

great set Edith, I hope to get to Toronto at some point and will have to add this place to the list!!

April 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm

14. caseyhoward

You take absolutely beautiful shots w/ your iphone! I have seen your last few weeks of iphone Friday shots, and everyone I am more amazed with. Do you use instagram, or just your iphone camera? I have an iphone, but not instagram, so I am not sure if that last statement makes sense.. I am just curious with what you do to take such awesome photos!

April 27, 2012 at 2:14 pm

• Hi Casey, thank you so much for visiting and for the wonderful comments. I actually don’t use the camera that came with the iPhone. To actually take the pictures I use an app called Camera+. I love it. It has a slider to zoom in so you don’t have to do the 2 finger pinch outward to zoom. You can also select the focus point and white balance with it. Another camera app that I enjoy now is Camera Awesome by Smugmug. I do use instagram and post to it regularly( my user name on Instagram is edithlevy). I use all of these apps to process as well, in addition to a multitude of others. I always try to include the apps I use as tags in my posts. I hope this helps.

April 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm

15. No matter what you use your photos are always great!

April 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm

16. I really love your iPhone images. They all hold so much personal vibration. Brings out your inner artist. My favourite this time is the second from the top. The composition is incredibly strong and the moodiness sets the whole stage. That spiral into the sky is just fantastic.

April 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

17. I look forward to your iPhone friday shots now. Another great bunch, Edith. My 2yr contract with a very basic phone runs out this summer so then I will be switching to an iPhone.

April 29, 2012 at 12:04 pm

18. Edith, I love the last image! Awesome!

April 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm

19. myallegro31

Edith, your iPhone shots look better than most DSLR photos out there. No joke :)

May 1, 2012 at 8:25 am