The LIfe of a Cavalier

Project 52 – Entry #9

Sometimes you have to get creative close to home and photograph what you love. Let me introduce you to my 6-year-old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel…Brady.

Brady asks for little. All he needs is a good run in the park to chase his ball, food and most importantly a cuddle with his family…which we’re only to happy to oblige.

Canon XTi, Sigma 18 - 200mm, f/6.3, 1/500, 154mm

For this image I used Topaz Adjust to create a “painterly” look to the grass and then used a layer mask in Photoshop to mask in the original shot of Brady.

Regardless of where we are in the house or out Brady comes looking for us.

Here he found us relaxing in the backyard and wanted to join us.

Canon Xti, Sigma 18 - 200mm, f/7.1, 1/80, 2

Once he joined us in the backyard he assumed his favourite position…on my husband’s lap….Ahhhh…it doesn’t get any better then this.

Canon XTi, Sigma 18-200mm, f/5, 1/125, 51mm

1. I love animals and dogs are my favorite. Love the last image- he really is adorable.

July 3, 2011 at 11:39 am

2. I love the last one. He is so cute.

July 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm

3. I often wonder if our pup knows he’s having his picture taken. He must, as it’s become such a normal part of his routine since we first brought him home. Brady is obviously just as comfortable in front of the lens. What a sweetie!

July 3, 2011 at 6:14 pm

4. Brady is very cute. He is a great poser. Now if only I can get my dog to sit still for a second…

July 5, 2011 at 7:37 am

5. Great images Edith. I easy to see who boss at your house. LOL

July 6, 2011 at 12:40 am

6. Cute photos. Really like the expression in the 2nd shot. 🙂

Love your processing!

July 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm

7. how precious is that? very…. beautiful portrait and doing something it loves. my german shepherd loves to place ball.

July 8, 2011 at 10:12 am