Top 10 Things I Learned In Rome!

10. Pasta tastes better in Italy.
9. Italian waiters are very charming.
8. There’s a Disney Store in Rome…and it’s busy…go figure!
7. I now like Tiramisu.
6. Italian policemen wear very nice dress shoes.
5. Designer clothing in Italy is just as expensive as it is back home.
4. You can eat gelato at any time of day.
3. Sitting at an outdoor restaurant enjoying good food, good wine and good music with my husband is heavenly.
2. You can get the best lasagna in Rome (seems to be a running food theme happening)

And the #1 thing I learned in Rome…

If a car comes racing towards you stand your ground. He’ll stop or at least swerve so that he can pass you.

Here are two very interesting and important places I visited today.

20110716-054028.jpg

20110716-054058.jpg

1. I agree with everything you say. It is very difficult to do the road thing. I usually take the gutless option and walk beside an Italian. If you look tentative the cars will keep going.

July 17, 2011 at 7:08 am

2. Nice list and images today, Edith. Not sure if you are home yet, but we are expecting 33°C up here today, so I will be eating lots of gelato’s today im sure.

July 17, 2011 at 7:32 am

3. A great list. I hope someday to be able to confirm it (except #3). 🙂

July 17, 2011 at 8:06 am

4. This post brings back lots of great memories of our time in Rome. Our number one lesson we learnt there – if you want to cross a road, find a Nun and follow her across!

July 17, 2011 at 8:52 am

5. I am so glad you are enjoying Italy!! I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you, I just moved and don’t have internet yet (a crapshoot when I will). Where are you heading next??? I hope you are enjoying yourselves!! Keep the beautiful pictures coming Edith!

July 17, 2011 at 3:25 pm

• Hi Adam,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I absolutely love Italy but unfortunately we’re heading home tomorrow. Your photography and documenting your time in Italy really inspired me before and during this trip. I love your work. Thank you!

July 17, 2011 at 6:16 pm

6. Beautiful images Edith! It sounds like you guys had a great time.

July 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm

7. Rob

More importantly, which flavor of gelato do you enjoy? My favorite was amarena. We too enjoyed the power to stop traffic in it’s tracks. Just don;t try that back at home.

July 19, 2011 at 9:25 am

• My favourite was stratachella (excuse my spelling) but its the vanilla with chocolate chip but a close second was the coffee gelato.

July 19, 2011 at 9:17 pm

8. Rob

Thats ironic, stracciatella was my second to amarena. OOh, I also remember tiramisu gelato was excellent in Pisa. Can you tell I am an ice cream/gelato nut?

July 20, 2011 at 12:20 pm

9. Love these shots Edith, they certainly contrast each other nicely! Cool list too!

July 21, 2011 at 7:30 am

10. Alexia

These were fantastic pics. I spent 3 weeks in Italy in May – I ate gelato every day, I think! My favourite was a pistachio and chocolate combination 🙂

Did you go to Milan? It’s my number One in Italian cities – much nicer than Rome, I thought.
    Thanks for sharing – that angle of the Colosseum is great.

July 22, 2011 at 12:32 am

• Hi Alexia, thanks so much for visiting the blog and for you commets. Unfortunatley I didn’t go to Milan. I would have love to be in Italy longer and visited more places but just wasn’t possible this time around. I’m hoping next time. I thought the chocolate and banana gelato combination was amazing as well.

July 22, 2011 at 9:35 am

11. Karen S.

I agree…………everything tastes better in Italy as does the wine as well!

July 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm

12. Ah yes, I remember eating gelato every day in Rome. Great list, Edit, you brought back some fond memories for me,

July 26, 2011 at 9:14 pm

13. Great list, and images Edith! The first image is gorgeous, the second is Yum!!! :))

November 24, 2012 at 6:32 pm