Wall Art

I don’t know what it is with bicycles leaning against buildings that appeal to me so much. It doesn’t make me stop when I’m walking down the street at home but drop me in an European city and I will stop in my tracks to take a picture. Maybe it’s because the bikes are a bit more old style or is it the colourful and old buildings that they’re leaning against?

The funny thing is that when I took this shot I didn’t even notice the “shadow” dog art on the wall. I only picked up on that when I was processing this back at home.

As always you can click on the image to view it larger.

Canon XTi, Sigma 18 - 200mm, f/4, 1/200, 28mm

1. Jamie Cheslo

Very nice work Edith. I find bicycles interesting too. Love what you have done with the colours; gives it a “painting-like” look. Congrats!
    I need you to become my photography teacher! 🙂

August 25, 2011 at 11:50 am

2. I agree, there is something about a bicycle and photography. Kind of made for each other I guess. Nice colors and processing, Edith.

August 25, 2011 at 12:09 pm

3. Nice composition Edith. Even if I didn’t read the post, I would’ve assumed this came from somewhere in Europe.

August 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm

4. Beautiful image, Edith! I really like how you have processed this. 🙂

August 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

5. Wow Edith, I really like this. The composition, colors and textures are spot on

August 25, 2011 at 3:02 pm

6. Happens to me sometimes too, Edith, sometimes you only realize what you truly have when you start to spend time with it in post-processing. Great shot, my friend!

August 25, 2011 at 3:07 pm

7. Edith, Lovely processing. I always enjoy bicycles when they have that old world look to them.

August 26, 2011 at 9:12 pm

8. Nice shot man! That shadow puppet thing of the dog is way cool.

August 26, 2011 at 10:04 pm

9. Nice work Edith! I always stop to take one when I see a bike leaning somewhere as well. Well composed, great wall background as well!

August 27, 2011 at 12:21 pm

10. Wonderful shot Edith. I love the processing!

August 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

11. I think it’s the old-school type of bicycle, combined with the wonderful walls, that makes bicycles in Europe so irresistible.

August 28, 2011 at 7:18 am

12. Rob

You and I both, there is something about a bicycle that motivates me to snap a photo. Love the wall here.

August 29, 2011 at 10:03 am

13. that’s just an awesome shot Edith, love it!

September 2, 2011 at 9:40 am

14. Pingback: An Italian Vignette « Edith Levy Photography

15. Great work, congrats!!!, I like the Hdr style, I’m urban graphic designer. show my web site http://www.themachinehdr.com thanks for support =)

February 27, 2012 at 10:37 pm