Topaz Adjust 5 & Sample Images

On Tuesday November 15th Topaz Labs will be releasing its latest update…Topaz Adjust 5. As a long time user of Topaz Adjust I was very excited to hear that they were updating the software but once I read what those updates would include…well let’s just say I’v been spending a lot of time in front of the computer.

Here are just some of the exciting new features and tools you’ll find in the new Topaz Adjust 5

• Selective Brush. For easy dodging, burning smoothing and removing adjustments.
  • Finishing touches. Features options for borders, transparency, grain, warmth, vignettes and more.
  • Preset collections.  Presets are organized into unique collections.
  • Apply button. Stack multiple effects and presets during the same workflow.
  • Auto create layer. Automatically creates a new layer where your adjustments will be saved to.
  • Effect enable/disable. Clickable preview options that allow you to hide or view a set of adjustments for easy comparison.
  • Histogram. Built into the Preview Navigator window.
  • Ordered interface workflow. The interface is set up in numbered stages for a quick and easy workflow.
  • Individual tab reset buttons. Quickly reset the parameters in a specific adjustment tab without affecting your other settings.
  • Split Screen. Use the 2-screen split view for easy before and after comparison.

Topaz Labs have made some great changes to the plug-in. The interface is now very similar to Topaz Black & White Effects and while its always been intuitive and user friendly it now makes your workflow that much easier.

Original RAW file

Using Topaz Adjust 5

You can click on the images to view a larger size.

The first image is the original RAW file straight out of the camera.  This was taken on the Amalfi Coast in Italy and I wanted to give the image an old 60’s feel to it. The final image, under it, was created with Adjust 5 using the Film Collection and the Timeless IV preset. I gave it a slight boost in detail and added a vignette and then desaturated a touch to come up with this final image.

This new version really rocks but what I love most is that it automatically creates a new layer in Photoshop when you launch the plug-in. With over 100 presets, the new collections & presets really allow you to get creative with your images. The selective brush tool lets you easily and effectively make selective adjustments such as dodging & burning. The Smooth option lets you smooth out details when you need to clean up a sky and the Brush Out tool allows you to easily taper down the strength of effects or remove them altogether.

The tentative release date for Topaz Adjust 5 is NOvember 15th. Check the Topaz Labs site on that date for information.

1. Thanks for this nice preview, Edith. The new version sounds like it’s packed with control goodies.

November 11, 2011 at 11:52 am

2. I’ve been thinking about updating this or Niks Color Efex and can’t decide. Think I’ll demo Adjust to make sure. Good preview Edith, thanks.

November 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm

3. Nice preview Edith. My head is spinning though. Between learning the new OnOne Suite 6, new Color Efex Pro 4 and now Topaz Adjust, I don’t have time to take pictures! It is nice to see what true competition brings to the marketplace.

November 11, 2011 at 1:33 pm

4. I tried Topaz Adjust a couple of years ago but went with Nik software instead. Looks like I should give it another try. Thanks for the info

November 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm

5. Can’t wait to give the new version a try!

November 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm

6. Nice preview – I participated in the webinar the other day and it looked quite promising and can’t wait to get my upgrade! Love the picture Edith – great lines!

November 12, 2011 at 11:06 am

7. Dear Edith Levy, I have nominated your blog for The Versatile Blogger Award. Your blog has really been an inspiration. If you visit the link you can find the details.

November 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

8. I’ve not used this plug in before but it does all sound very interesting, and I like the vintage look of your Amalfi coast shot, which has worked really well. Thanks for the preview!

November 12, 2011 at 1:32 pm

9. Wonderful image. Sounds like a great program. Thanks for the post Edith!

November 12, 2011 at 5:24 pm

10. Great review / preview Edith, looks interesting

November 13, 2011 at 10:41 am

11. Very cool Edith. I have never used any Topaz tools, but I may need to give em a try. Lovely shots. I was just there this weekend, and boy has it quieted down!!!

November 14, 2011 at 5:43 am

12. Nice job with the filtering Edith! I love the upgrade!

November 14, 2011 at 4:19 pm