Awards, Nominations & A Big Thank You

Over the past several months I’ve been honoured (and humbled) by being nominated for several blogging awards. I am embarrased to say that while I have acknowledged and thanked the individuals who have nominated me I’ve not dedicated a post to it.  It’s just a simple matter of lots of juggling of work, family and various projects and lack of precious time. So today I’d like to publicly say THANK YOU to the following bloggers that have nominated me…

Otto von Münchow – Münchow’s Creative PhotoBlog

Nia – Photography of Nia

David Pasillas – iPhone Photographer

nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and

Silvia Ganora – The Visual Notepad nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Definitely check out Otto, David, Nia and Sil’s blogs as they are quite incredible.

The award requirements are that I share seven random facts about myself and nominate 15 other bloggers so here we go…

7 Facts about myself

1. I have a Bachlor of Fine Arts with a major in Theatre
  2. I worked professionally as a Stage Manager and stage managed a show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland
  3. I have 4 men in my life that I would walk to the end of the planet for (my husband, 2 sons and my dog, Brady)
  4. I have a travel bug that I can’t cure (and don’t want too)
  5. I love musical theatre and know the words to just about every Oscar & Hammerstein; Sondheim; Kander & Ebb and Lerner & Lowe (amongst others) musical…but I CAN’T sing…so sad 😦
  6. In photography I know it’s not about gear…but I love gear.
  7. A few years back I wrote and published a pregnancy journal titled “Baby…I Can Hardly Wait!’

So according to the award I’m supposed to nominate 15 blogs but to be honest this was a very difficult task. There are so, so many wonderful and talented photographers out there that I found it very difficult to keep to 15. So as someone who’s been known to bend the rules every so often here are 21 (my lucky number) absolutely awesome photoblogs that I nominate and you should check out (but only visit if you want to be completely awestruck and inspired…you’ve been warned):

Toad Hollow Photography

Gracie – Frames & Focus

Mark – Rigmover

Marc Collins – Lead In Lines

Jim Nix – Nomadic Pursuits

A Creative Adventure photography by Denise Ippolito

Jim Denham Photography

There are still so many other blogs of talented photographers that I visit and I will list those in a follow up post.

1. Congrats! You deserve these awards ;).

June 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm

2. Congrats Edith, deserving for sure! Thank you for the inclusion on your list. I am honored!

June 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm

3. Thank you very much Edith. Congrats and well done you deserve it.

June 3, 2012 at 1:18 pm

4. ¡Felicidades!!

June 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm

5. Congratulations 🙂

June 3, 2012 at 5:25 pm

6. Congrats on your nomination, Edith. You certainly deserve the recognition. 😉

I am also honored to be listed among those you’ve nominated, and cannot thank you enough. What a pleasant surprise, one that I truly appreciate.

I know every one of the other nominees as well, and could not agree more with your view that it’s so difficult not to mention them (and others). The photo-blogging community we travel in and support is one that I am most proud of and inspired by. Tons of talent and creativity!

June 3, 2012 at 7:33 pm

• Thanks Jimi. I couldn’t agree with you more, this community is pretty incredible.

June 3, 2012 at 11:26 pm

7. Edith, Congratulations and very well deserved! I appreciate your kindness and nomination, it means so much to me, thank you!

June 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm

8. Congrats on your well deserved nomination Edith, and thanks for including me in your list. There are some awe inspiring photographers in your list, I am honoured to be part of it!

June 4, 2012 at 2:06 am

Congratulations on a well deserved nomination Edith. I have really enjoyed your creativity and eye and look forward to many more awesome images.

Thank you for nominating my blog. I am both honored and humbled to be included with some esteemed blogger.

June 4, 2012 at 7:07 am

10. Congratulations dear Edith Levy, you deserved them all. And Thank you for introducing us with new bloggers. Love, nia

June 4, 2012 at 10:31 am

11. A hearty congratulations to you!

June 4, 2012 at 10:35 am

12. Jim Nix

congrats Edith, well deserved!! thanks too for the mention, I really do appreciate that!

June 4, 2012 at 12:09 pm

13. Congratulations, Edith. You’ve been a source of inspiration for me since Day 1 on my own blog.

June 4, 2012 at 12:12 pm

14. Congratulations on the nomination, Edith!

I agree with your nominations. I follow most of these already and they are an awesome bunch.

June 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm

15. Cooool, I was a stage manager also during my college and high school years. But I never did a production at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival! So awesome. And, also, being a stage manager is hard! Props to you, for the thankless work you did!

June 4, 2012 at 5:51 pm

16. Congrats Edith on your nomination! And a BIG thank you for mine, I’m honored! wow! 😀

June 4, 2012 at 6:54 pm

17. Oh! Yes, we’re both about Marilyn. My times are all messed up. I traveled to the Middle East. My blog appears to be updating in NY time. And, heavens, there was no internet for 2 days.

June 4, 2012 at 11:35 pm

18. Congrats, Edith! Well deserved. And thank you for the nomination. I have a lot to catch up on, so I will do mine in the next few days.

June 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm

19. Thank you Edith, I am catching up myself!

June 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm

20. Thanks so much for including me! You rock Edith!

August 26, 2012 at 9:50 am