Awards, Nominations & A Big Thank You
Over the past several months I’ve been honoured (and humbled) by being nominated for several blogging awards. I am embarrased to say that while I have acknowledged and thanked the individuals who have nominated me I’ve not dedicated a post to it. It’s just a simple matter of lots of juggling of work, family and various projects and lack of precious time. So today I’d like to publicly say THANK YOU to the following bloggers that have nominated me…
Otto von Münchow – Münchow’s Creative PhotoBlog
Nia – Photography of Nia
David Pasillas – iPhone Photographer
nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award and
Silvia Ganora – The Visual Notepad nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Definitely check out Otto, David, Nia and Sil’s blogs as they are quite incredible.
The award requirements are that I share seven random facts about myself and nominate 15 other bloggers so here we go…
7 Facts about myself
- I have a Bachlor of Fine Arts with a major in Theatre
- I worked professionally as a Stage Manager and stage managed a show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland
- I have 4 men in my life that I would walk to the end of the planet for (my husband, 2 sons and my dog, Brady)
- I have a travel bug that I can’t cure (and don’t want too)
- I love musical theatre and know the words to just about every Oscar & Hammerstein; Sondheim; Kander & Ebb and Lerner & Lowe (amongst others) musical…but I CAN’T sing…so sad 😦
- In photography I know it’s not about gear…but I love gear.
- A few years back I wrote and published a pregnancy journal titled “Baby…I Can Hardly Wait!’
So according to the award I’m supposed to nominate 15 blogs but to be honest this was a very difficult task. There are so, so many wonderful and talented photographers out there that I found it very difficult to keep to 15. So as someone who’s been known to bend the rules every so often here are 21 (my lucky number) absolutely awesome photoblogs that I nominate and you should check out (but only visit if you want to be completely awestruck and inspired…you’ve been warned):
There are still so many other blogs of talented photographers that I visit and I will list those in a follow up post.