iPhone Friday – Graffiti Alley & Topaz’s New photoFXlab

I actually had another set of images planned for today’s post but when an opportunity presents itself you just have to seize it. On Wednesday, my colleagues and I participated in a scavenger hunt in downtown Toronto for a work team building event. One of the places we ended up was an alley just south of Queen St. called Graffiti Alley. Honestly I didn’t even know this place existed but it was amazing. So here we are going through this alley looking for the items we have to find for our scavenger hunt and now I’m stopping to take pictures. Let me explain not only did you have to find items and locations on the list but the team with the best time wins.

But I couldn’t help myself. Every inch of these walls, pillars, corners, garbage cans were covered in graffiti.

Click on the images to enlarge.

Graffiti Alley Toronto

Graffiti Alley Toronto

Graffiti Alley Toronto

Graffiti Alley Toronto

I have to get back here with my DSLR. Oh by the way…we lost πŸ™‚

Topaz Labs introduced their newest product today, Β Topaz photoFXlab. I will be honest, I have not downloaded yet (it’s been a crazy day) so this is not a review. I just wanted to you all to know about it, have a look at its benefits and features on the Topaz Labs site and take advantage of the discount period before it ends.

I just finished watching the online tutorial and I was really impressed. Basically photoFXlab is a simplified editing interface for existing Topaz users that compliments your existing workflow. Some of the key features include:

• access to all your Topaz plug-ins from one interface
  • use of layers with masking capabilities
  • selective adjustment brushes
  • pre-set library

You can purchase photoFXlab workspace for only $29.99 (that’s a $50.00 savings). Just enter the coupon code “FXLab” when purchasing. This code is good until 07/6/12.

1. Looks like a great place to get lost with a camera! Good stuff Edith!

June 8, 2012 at 7:50 am

2. Very colourful, great photo’s Edith, sorry you lost.

June 8, 2012 at 8:06 am

Wonderful shots with great color Edith. You even were working when you did this. Can I work there too? πŸ˜‰

June 8, 2012 at 8:15 am

4. Great captures Edith! The things people can do with a can of spray paint amazes me. PhotoFXLabs is definitely on my download list for today!

June 8, 2012 at 8:37 am

5. I really love this stuff, Edith. These shots are all winners. I’d like to visit that place sometime. Reminds me of a graffiti wall (flood wall) in St Louls. I spent about 2 hours shooting the half mile of spray art back before I switched to digital. Need to scan some of those slides I guess.

June 8, 2012 at 10:33 am

6. Great find, Edith! Always love a good, tasteful graffiti, and I have great respect and admiration for the artists behind them.

June 8, 2012 at 11:38 am

7. What a great find, Edith. This is a great series of colorful shots.

June 8, 2012 at 1:26 pm

8. Great shots Edith, always look forward to your IP Friday shots, I will have to check out the Topaz interface, have a great weekend

June 8, 2012 at 1:32 pm

9. Rick

Some really cool graffiti, Edith. Love the shots from the iphone!

June 8, 2012 at 2:35 pm

10. Wonderful photographs… Colourful… Thank you dear Edith Levy, have a nice weekend, love, nia

June 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm

11. Cool images Edith! Nice find.

June 8, 2012 at 8:54 pm

12. I’m in love with these colorful shots Edith!
    The first one is so amazing, I saw it large and it looks way better, all of them look really good larger, the detail is amazing!

June 10, 2012 at 2:16 am

13. Pretty amazing color, Edith!

June 10, 2012 at 6:13 pm

14. Awesome images, Edith. Love them all but that 2nd shot (Grenade) really grabs me. πŸ™‚ Very nice work.

I will definitely be trying out the new Topaz product. Thanks for sharing that, I’ll download it tonight. Great discount as well.

June 11, 2012 at 7:16 am

15. Adam Allegro

Love these Edith! Nice work! That second capture is processed to perfection!

June 11, 2012 at 7:58 am

16. You would have had to drag me away from that photo-op. I’m looking forward to the follow-up with the dSLR. Super iPhone shots.

June 11, 2012 at 12:28 pm

17. I downloaded it, but like so many others had issues with it.
    What I was able to use was just fantastic, and I look forward to them re-releasing it.

June 12, 2012 at 5:29 pm

• Yes unfortunately thee’s still bugs in it. I’m waiting for the next release to do a full review but what I’ve seen I love so far.

June 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm

18. Rich McPeek

What an awesome find! These shots are sweet Edith!

June 14, 2012 at 9:37 am