Light in the City

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and that all you Dad’s had a wonderful Father’s Day.

Back to Port Credit today…the original lighthouse, that sat a the mouth of the Credit River in Port Credit, Mississauga was in service from 1882 to 1918. In 1936 the lighthouse was destroyed by fire. In 1991 a replica of the lighthouse was built by the Lions Club of Credit Valley. The structure itself sits atop a sewage pumping station and house a tourist bureau in its base.

Click to enlarge (and a sharper view) or to purchase print.

Port Credit Lighthouse, Mississauga, Ontario

1. Amazing image you did. Thank you dear Edith Levy, love, nia

June 18, 2012 at 7:15 am

2. jimdenham

Shame the original burnt. As nice as this image is, the lighthouse itself does appear to be artificial and built for viewing rather than working. Beauty pic Edith.

June 18, 2012 at 7:47 am

3. chrisnitz

I like the painting. It fooled me at first, to be honest 😉

June 18, 2012 at 8:06 am

4. Looks like a painting, wait part of it is indeed a painting 🙂

p.s: noticed that ur shots at the blog were really soft (that ur hosting on wordpress) , but the ones at the smugsite were real sharp. Did u know that u can use dimension in the smug URL instead of L,M etc to get the exact size … It would be much more easier to maintain and sharper too !

June 18, 2012 at 12:20 pm

• Thanks Sathya. Thanks for the observation. I’ve been frustrated with the softness when viewing on WordPress as well but wasn’t sure how to fix that. I’ll email you as I have some more questions. Thanks.

June 18, 2012 at 11:45 pm

5. Beautiful image, Edith. I love how you captured the drama in the sky. Brilliant!

June 18, 2012 at 5:08 pm

6. Wow! This drawing on the wall is pretty amazing, and beautiful sky also!

June 18, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Really love the painterly feel Edith. Nicely done

June 19, 2012 at 7:19 am

8. Rick

Wonderful image, Edith! I agree with Len – Love the painterly feel.

June 19, 2012 at 7:40 am

9. This looks like a painting Edith! Amazing range of colors for sure!

June 19, 2012 at 7:49 am

10. Very interesting shot, Edith. Fooled me at first since I’m viewing on a small BB tablet. Really like your sky treatment.

June 19, 2012 at 8:02 am

11. I love a good lighthouse shot, and this one doesn’t disappoint. Nice job Edith.

June 19, 2012 at 9:59 am

12. Such a clever piece of painting around the base. Intriguing structure and the soft red paintwork comes across really well. Nice find, Edith

June 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm

13. Nice shot, I like this alot.

July 7, 2012 at 9:26 am