iPhone Friday – Toronto Happenings

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
Been down, isn’t it a pity
Doesn’t seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

Lovin Spoonful

39 Celcius….that would be approximately 108 Farenheit…or in other words HOT!

They’ve been shooting the series “FlashPoint” this week down the street from my office. This gentleman’s taking a break in the shade.

The search is on for Dorothy!

Andrew Lloyd Webber is staging a production of the Wizard of Oz and earlier this week the auditions for Dorothy (which were held across the country – a la American Idol) came to Toronto. Hundreds of hopefuls lined Front St. to get into the CBC Building where the auditions were held. Of the girls that auditioned across the country 100 will be selected to move forward to “Dorothy Camp”, which will be held in Toronto later this summer for one week, at which time only 10 will be selected to continue. The 10 finalists will be put through their paces in “Over The Rainbow” which will be televised live in Canada, on CBC, in front of a panel of judges which will include Sir Andrew. Why was I there you ask? Well my niece auditioned and since it was down the street from my office, I popped in on her. I’m very proud of her and while they moved her forward in the audition process she, unfortunately didn’t make it into the final 100.

Wizard of Oz, Over the Rainbow, Andrew Lloyd Webber

Over the Rainbow, Wizard of Oz, Dorothy, Andrew lloyd Webber, CBC

auditions, over the rainbow, search for Dorothy, Andrew Lloyd Webber

My niece, Shannon

Excellent series of images Edith. I love that you started the post with that song. I haven’t heard it in a long while but it certainly fits the last couple of days. Have a great weekend.

June 22, 2012 at 7:16 am

2. I enjoyed the song lyrics too – I was singing right along!! It was really hot here north of the city too, but not quite up to 39 degrees, but we did get one heck of a storm late in the afternoon! Your niece should be very proud of herself for auditioning for something so huge – that’s not an easy thing to do. She’s a beautiful girl by the way :).

June 22, 2012 at 7:59 am

• Thanks so much Cindy. We got hit with the rain yesterday as well…and some relief. Yes we’re very proud of Shannon.

June 22, 2012 at 10:52 am

3. Great shots, Edith. BTY, I was singing that song in a band when it was a current hit. Way back when. Call me, “mature” and proud of it!” 🙂 Have a great weekend!

June 22, 2012 at 9:34 am

4. Lovely iPhone shots, Edith!
    By any scale, it’s HOT! 😉 I’m just back from Vegas where it had been in the 106 to 109F range all week.

I love that “Wiz” poster. Takes me back to yesteryear.

June 22, 2012 at 10:03 am

5. Wonderful photos, Edith!
    Oh you can say that again…IT.IS.HOT! We’ve been under the same heat spell for the past 3 days. Although I think it is about to change.

June 22, 2012 at 10:31 am

6. Rich McPeek

Very nice set of iPhone shots Edith! Have a great weekend!

June 22, 2012 at 10:41 am

7. I always look forward to your iPhone Fridays Edith. Enjoy your weekend and stay cool.

June 22, 2012 at 11:07 am

8. All I hear is you guys complaining about the heat… my parents said you should see a break today?!?! Hope it eases up… Its been ~10-15C in San Diego all week!!!!!!! 😦

June 22, 2012 at 11:23 am

• Whether it’s cold or hot we complain…we are Canadians after all LOL. It’s a much more pleasent 26 C today.

June 22, 2012 at 3:25 pm

9. Mark Summerfield

Yet another wonderful series of shots for iPhone Friday. Always one of the highlights of my blog review each week.

June 22, 2012 at 1:14 pm

10. Good form Edith!

June 22, 2012 at 4:24 pm

11. With so many choices, casting can wait for their ideal candidate. Sorry your niece didn’t match up.

June 23, 2012 at 6:34 am

12. I remember that song! 39C – That’s warm – wouldn’t mind if you wafted a bit of that heat over here! Andrew Lloyd-Webber has been doing that audition process on TV over here too for several shows.

June 24, 2012 at 2:32 pm

13. Adam Allegro

Always refreshing to see some wonderful iPhone action on your Friday post! Lovely work as usual Edith!

June 25, 2012 at 3:26 am

14. More great iPhone shots, I won’t tell you how hot it is here, oh ok then it was 120 degrees the other day on the rig.

July 9, 2012 at 4:43 am