iPhone Friday – Here Come The Smoked Meat!

Yes…we’re back at Schwartz’s Deli in Montreal today. Thought I would share some images shot & processed with my iPhone but before I do that I have a story I’d like to share with you.

My family and I were at Schwartz’s last Saturday. Well it seems that the next day, Sunday, Celine Dion and her husband were at Schwartz’s (as they’re big fans of this fine establishment) and picked up the tab for everyone in the restaurant. 😦 missed her by one day 😦

Montreal, Schwartzs, Deli, The Main, St. Lawrence, Smoked Meat

Waiting Patiently!

Montreal, Schwartzs, Deli, The Main, St. Lawrence, Smoked Meat

Finally…we get a table.

Montreal, Schwartzs, Deli, The Main, St. Lawrence, Smoked Meat

Everyone Else is Eating 😦

Montreal, Schwartzs, Deli, The Main, St. Lawrence, Smoked Meat

Still Waiting but We’re Getting Closer.

Montreal, Schwartzs, Deli, The Main, St. Lawrence, Smoked Meat

I couldn’t wait to dig in so all you get to see is half a sandwich πŸ™‚ I didn’t take any pictures afterwards! Too Stuffed!

1. Fantastic shots Edith! Love all of them. The colors are beautiful, is it Topaz action?

October 19, 2012 at 7:34 am

• Thanks Anne. No I processed these all on my iPhone. i used mainly Snapseed and PhotoToaster.

October 19, 2012 at 9:19 am

2. very tempting; I could eat that sandwich right now!

October 19, 2012 at 7:42 am

You are making me hungry Edith. Love these shots.

October 19, 2012 at 7:46 am

4. The sandwich was invented here in the UK but the Americans and Canadians took the idea and ran with it.. I wish we could get sandwiches like that over here. πŸ˜›

October 19, 2012 at 7:53 am

• I didn’t realize that. But where ever it was invented it’s delicious.

October 19, 2012 at 10:30 am

• It’s named after the Earl of Sandwich. In 1762, John Montagu, the fourth Earl of Sandwich, was First Sea Lord, he commanded the British Navy which at that time was immense. He was a noted explorer, and also a dedicated gambler with a love of day long card games. This led to little time for food, so he came up with the idea (some say at the card table) of putting meat between two slices of bread. I think poor labourers and workers in the fields tended to eat food wrapped in pastry hence the pasty and it’s many different regional variations. Some may even have put food between slices of bread but it was the earl who got to put his name to the original fast food apparently. πŸ™‚

October 19, 2012 at 11:41 am

• Interesting history. I think I actually saw that on the show Sunday Morning a few months ago.

October 19, 2012 at 3:48 pm

5. Awesome shots Edith! The sandwich reminds me of childhood Deli sandwiches! Yum!!!

October 19, 2012 at 7:56 am

6. Awesome shots Edith! The sandwich reminds me of childhood Deli sandwiches in Boston! yum!,! πŸ™‚

October 19, 2012 at 7:58 am

7. Rick

Wow, that’s quite the sandwich!

October 19, 2012 at 9:02 am

8. Damn, now that is how you make a sandwich. I hope it was as good as it looks, cuz now I am damn hungry.

October 19, 2012 at 9:05 am

9. Great set Edith, and man that sandwich looks so good. It was worth the wait.

October 19, 2012 at 9:40 am

10. Oh man my mouth is watering. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to go to Schwartz’s during my one visit to Montreal about 12 years ago. The sandwich is as good as it looks. I also just saw that it was recently bought by the uncle of Spike Mendelsohn from the Top Chef series. Great series, Edith.

October 19, 2012 at 10:50 am

• Thanks Mark. I didn’t realize it just got bought. I think it’s changed hands a few times.

October 19, 2012 at 3:46 pm

11. Those are outstanding photos and wow that sandwich looks amazing!
    Too bad they post in advance when “Free Lunch From Celine Day” will take place. πŸ˜‰

October 19, 2012 at 11:15 am

12. Mark Summerfield

Wonderful series of shots, Edith. The last one made me so hungry I just had to run out for a Pastrami sandwich!!

October 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm

13. Very cool shots, Edith. It’s a shame, I just had dinner but that sandwich makes me want to take a bite. πŸ™‚

Amazing photos from such a small device.

October 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm

14. Great shots Edith! That is one awesome looking half sandwich!

October 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm

15. Yum! Sorry you missed the “freebie” from Celine 😦

October 19, 2012 at 9:53 pm

16. une belle serie, ma prΓ©fΓ©rΓ©e est la derniere

October 20, 2012 at 6:30 am

17. Great series – that is a mega sandwich!

October 20, 2012 at 3:52 pm