Saying Good-Bye To A Friend

Yesterday was an exceptionally beautiful fall day. It was warm and the sun was shining, the leaves on the trees and the ones that had fallen to the ground were a blanket of glowing reds, yellows and oranges. At that moment I wish I was anywhere but where I was…saying good-bye to a dear and cherished friend.

I know that on Fridays I post my usual iPhone Friday instalment but truth be told the last thing I felt like doing was a blog post or processing images. I then remembered how much my dear friend enjoyed looking at my images and how she always had a word of encouragement for me.

There are people who come into our lives who leave an indelible mark and have a significant impact on the people they touch. My dear friend was such a person.  She was the type of person who you just felt you could confide in and trust. She always made me laugh, always had a kind word to say about others and was always interested, genuinely interested in what was going on in my life and the goings on of my family. If someone was in need; was ill; was going through any kind of strife she was there for them.  She was the epitome of what a wife, mother, daughter and certainly friend is and should be.

Her passing is a profound loss to all that loved and knew her. I know it is for me. There will forever be a hole in my heart.

I miss you Pearl, my dear friend.

Rouge River, Ontario, fall, fall colours, landscape,

1. Beautiful image… So sorry for your loss, Edith.

October 26, 2012 at 9:22 am

2. What a wonderful friend she must have been……I’m so sorry for your loss….

October 26, 2012 at 9:29 am

So sorry to hear about your loss Edith. Pearl obviously impacted your life in a wonderful way and I am sure that she will continue to do so through your memories of her.

October 26, 2012 at 9:52 am

4. Really sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend, Edith. It;s tough losing folks that have made an impact and been a part of our journey. You have done here well by posting today in her memory.

Excellent image!

October 26, 2012 at 9:57 am

5. What a tribute to this friend with this most spectacular photo! She will be missed but remembered with fondness.

October 26, 2012 at 10:04 am

6. Beautiful image, Edith. Those types of friends are truly hard to come by. Sorry for your loss.

October 26, 2012 at 10:24 am

7. Lovely remembrance of your dear friend, Edith. So sorry for your loss. Beautiful images and moments shared are a comfort.

October 26, 2012 at 10:30 am

8. Wonderful tribute.

October 26, 2012 at 10:37 am

9. My condolences. A beautiful tribute indeed.

October 26, 2012 at 11:06 am

10. it must be hard to write it all down. You brought tears to my eyes, I am sure yours were filled with tears too.

October 26, 2012 at 11:52 am

• Thank you very much for your kind words. It was tough writing it down and yes I had to keep stopping to wipe my eyes.

October 26, 2012 at 2:38 pm

11. A moving tribute to someone who was very obviously dear to you, Edith. And an apt and beautiful image to post in her remembrance.

October 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm

12. Sorry for your loss – but a wonderful shot… 🙂

October 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm

13. I’ m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend! What a beautiful heartfelt post and image! A very moving tribute to your friend!

October 26, 2012 at 12:38 pm

14. Awesome photo Edith, sorry for your loss.

October 26, 2012 at 12:51 pm

15. Sorry for your loss Edith… a very nice tribute to her.

October 26, 2012 at 2:09 pm

16. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. My sincere condolences.

October 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm

17. I’m so sorry for your loss, Edith. I know how tough it is to say goodbye to someone you love dearly. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes as I remember my own grief…

This photo is surely a wonderful tribute for her.

October 26, 2012 at 3:42 pm

• It’s a horrible thing to go through isn’t it. Thank you for your kind words and understanding Gracie.

October 26, 2012 at 4:17 pm

• Hang in there, Edith. It does get a little better in time…

October 26, 2012 at 4:21 pm

18. So sorry about that!!! A hug to you!

October 26, 2012 at 3:48 pm

19. Please take my condolences. I have lost my father two years ago. To lose a loved friend and the own teariness is hard and need long time for the soul.
    All the best to you and your family.
    magdalena

October 26, 2012 at 4:30 pm

20. Your choice of Photograph was perfect for your tribute. Prior to reading your post, my initial thought when I looked at this photograph was that it resonated beauty, serenity and most of all peacefulness. I am not sure of the conditions of your friends passing but whatever they may have been, your tribute truly shows the peace she now enjoys. As cliché as this may sound and as difficult a loss can be, always know that your friends memory will always live on in the hearts of those who knew her and cared for her and also in the dreams that you both shared. My mom passed back in June and each day her spirit is with me in words I hear others say that she would have used, in a fragrance I may smell that I know she loved and those memories bring comfort so I wish comfort to you at this time as well….

October 26, 2012 at 5:38 pm

21. Such a beautiful and moving tribute, Edith. I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I am really touched by this post, and by this spectacular photograph you’ve posted in her memory.

October 26, 2012 at 9:24 pm

22. Edith, I am sorry for your loss.. May you always see her in the beauty around you..

October 26, 2012 at 9:51 pm

23. Here’s another hug. You’ll get through the pain in good time. Friends are forever! bill

October 26, 2012 at 10:13 pm

24. A great tribute Edith. I am sorry for your loss.

October 26, 2012 at 11:08 pm

25. It is good to have a friend, and sad when we part ways. Wishing you new friends along the way. No doubt, you will be richer for having had this friend, and more open when you meet your next friend.

October 27, 2012 at 1:01 pm

26. Oh Edith, I am so very sorry for your loss. I, myself, lost my best friend a few years ago to cancer, and it was the worst reaction I had ever had to a death. To this day, I still find it hard to believe that she is gone. A close friend is heartbreaking to lose, but the wonderful memories that you have of your dear friend will always bring a smile to your face and help you through your grief. The incredible impact that she had on your life will always be part of you :). Big hugs!!

October 28, 2012 at 2:08 pm

27. I am so sorry for your loss Edith… You will remember her with every beautiful photo you capture 🙂

October 29, 2012 at 2:35 pm

28. sorry for your loss Edith – wonderful image for sure.

October 29, 2012 at 2:47 pm

29. I’m so sorry for your loss Edith. She sounds like such a very special person. Your comments reminds of a verse in Proverbs where Solomon said that “there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother (or sister)”. I’m glad that you had her in your life.

October 30, 2012 at 7:42 pm

• Thank you so much Phillip for your kind and comforting words.  She was indeed a very special person and I’m a much better person for having had her in my life.

October 30, 2012 at 11:06 pm

30. I am so, so sorry for your loss, Edith. She was blessed to have such a wonderful friend in her life, as you were with her. This is a lovely and profound post. You are definitely in our hearts and prayers today, my dear friend.

October 31, 2012 at 2:13 pm

31. So sorry for your loss Edith.

November 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

32. Beautiful but sad, Edith,and here we are at another Friday. Sounds like she was a person who was loved.

November 9, 2012 at 3:55 pm

33. My condolences. What a beautiful tribute to a dear friend.
    Love