A Cool Place To Eat

A couple of months ago I headed down to Buffalo with my family and thanks to Guy Fieri (of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives) we tried the Lake Effect Diner. This diner is circa 1952 and was originally located in Wayne, Pennsylvania. It was saved from demolition and moved to Buffalo in 2001 where it was renovated and equipped with a state of the art kitchen. I love old diners and the best part of all of this…(Guy was right) the food was excellent.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really looks better or to Purchase a Print.

Lake Effects Diner, Buffalo, New York, diner, retro, vintage

1. These old diners are AWESOME! Nicely framed to show off the shiny appearance of these relics!

November 19, 2012 at 8:09 am

2. Not too many of these old diners around, except there are. I have been in/seen a number that have been uprooted and moved. Cool.

November 19, 2012 at 8:37 am

3. Great capture Edith. When you think about 50s diners, it’s this type of place that immediatley comes to mind.

November 19, 2012 at 8:47 am

4. What a cool shot. Edith. I love these old-style diners. A nice trip back in time.

November 19, 2012 at 11:48 am

5. Love old diners and love this photo Edith!

November 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm

This is a great image bringing back the diners of the 50s Edith. I didm’t get to this one when I was in Niagara Falls as there are quite a lot from the shows there. Now I have to go back and try it out.

November 19, 2012 at 2:45 pm

• Thanks Len. You really should try this one then next time you’re in Buffalo. The food was excellent. Another Triple D restaurant we tried in Buffalo was Mulberry’s, an “authentic” Italian restaurant, that one didn’t disappoint either 🙂

November 20, 2012 at 12:01 am

7. Wow! That looks amazing when enlarged. It reminds me of all the chrome on the ’50s motors with a touch of Art Deco. Hid the inside match up?

November 19, 2012 at 4:42 pm

8. Rick

I love Triple D! I’ve seen this episode. Would love to try the place someday.

November 19, 2012 at 6:22 pm

9. Great shot and just love that dinner, wish we had stuff like that over here.

November 20, 2012 at 6:42 am

10. Coming from a different world, there is something very attractive about those very typical American dinners. In a way very kitschy but still with a unique feeling to them. I think you have captured this fascinating feeling about them in this shot. All that glossy metal and that smooth and rounded design. Beautiful.

November 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm