LIGHTROOM 4 UNMASKED – A COMPLETE GUIDE TO ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LIGHTROOM by Piet Van den Eynde
Well it looks like Craft & Vision has done it again. Not only have they released a new quarterly magazine – PHOTOGRAPH, and an ebook on Long Exposures this month, but now they’ve just announced a new release that is being referred too as the “Big Book.” This tome can’t only be measured in page count (which weights in at a hefty 312 spreads) but in content as well.
Whether your new to Lightroom in general or just new to Lightroom 4 or an advanced user then Lightroom 4 Unmasked – A Complete Guide to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a book that should and must be in your library.
- This Lightroom BIG BOOK is up to date, all the way up to Lightroom 4.2.
- It’s written by Piet Van den Eynde a Photographer, writer and an Adobe Certified Expert.
- It’s aimed at both beginning Lightroom users and at more advanced ones. It grows with you as your Lightroom knowledge grows.
- In addition to the regular text, the eBook features 60 cases, 10 of which are pro-cases for advanced users.
- It’s ideal for upgraders: text boxes labeled ‘New in Lightroom 4’ immediately draw the attention to things that have changed between versions.
- Two cases also deal specifically with what’s new in Lightroom 4.
- The BIG BOOK does not limit itself to Lightroom as it comes out of the box, but points the reader to useful third-party applications and plugins that integrate well with Lightroom.
- It focuses on Lightroom as an entire workflow application. There’s thorough coverage of ALL the modules, not just Library and Develop.
- An entire chapter deals with the Lightroom to Photoshop integration.
- It’s digital so it’s fully searchable and loaded with hyperlinks!
Piet Van den Eynde has left no stone unturned in this very detailed and insightful new book. By the time I made it through Chapter 1 I had made so many mental notes of things I realized I didn’t know about Lightroom that I knew that this was not a book to be read once and put away but a resource that I would be referring to time and again.
The content is thoughtfully laid out starting with a general introduction of Lightroom, what it is and what it isn’t, then moving methodically through an in depth review of everything you want and need to know about LR including the catalog; importing photos & videos; the library module; the develop module; the print module and so on.
The author interweaves cases into each of these chapters which really brings the topics to life (so to speak). As an example, in the chapter dealing with the Develop Module, there are case studies that deal with creating the HDR look in LR; a case study focusing on soft proofing & calibration; a pr0 case study dealing with what’s new in the develop module in LR4. Each of these case studies include step by step how-to guidelines.
Special Offer on the BIG BOOK
LIGHTROOM 4 UNMASKED retails for $20 but for the first seven days only, use the promotional code LR4FIVE at checkout and get this incredible book for just $15. This code will expire TUESDAY, November 27, 2012 at 11:59PM (PST). Click Here to Purchase.
Oh and this just in from Craft & Vision….Black Friday Special!
Hold on to your hats! Visit Craft & Vision before Friday, November 23 at 11:59pm (PST) and you’ll find every eBook marked down by 50%. That’s right, we’re moving out the old stock and need to make way for the new (OK, we made that part up…). No discount codes required – we’ve already done it for you. Happy reading!
Exclusions: Big Books and Magazines are not discounted.