Vision is Better 3 – A New Book by David duChemin

David duChemin is nothing if he isn’t consistent in the messages that he delivers. Whether those messages are delivered via his blog or in his books or through his photographs he expounds on the virtues of vision. While gear is important, as are technical skills, as photographer we must have passion that drives our creativity and our vision.

craft and vision, vision is better, bundle, ebook, david duchemin

Vision is Better 3 was released today by Craft and Vision and it’s 145 pages of essays, articles and tutorials from David duChemin. This is a compilation of articles from David’s Pixelated Image blog and never before published material. The articles are thought provoking and eloquently written. David shares his insights into the how and why of photography. If your a fan of David duChemin or whether your a photographer who wants a glimpse inside the mind and eye of a very talented artist then this book should be part of your library.

You can get Vision is Better 3 for only $5 here. Want an even better value…you can purchase the series, Vision is Best which includes Vision is Better 1, 2 & 3 for $10. You can purchase the bundle here.

Vision_Bundle_Mailchimp_Header

craft and vision, vision is better, bundle, ebook, david duchemin

craft and vision, vision is better, bundle, ebook, david duchemin

1. I love to hear about new photography reads…thanks for sharing.

May 21, 2013 at 7:41 am

2. Well, what happened to the $4 promo deal? I have bought almost all C&V books over the past 2-3 years, so I already have 1 and 2 of that series. It appears that C&V is neglecting its already existing customer base focusing more on new ones …

I would also appreciate either free upgrades if a book is overhauled or a substantial upgrade discount as I do not feel re-buying the “old” books just because the have a new layout. But I would like to stay current as this is what happens with apps, etc.

Up to now, I was always looking forward to e-mails from C&V and new books but this new twist does disappoint me a bit and if that incentive is gone, I might just hold off, or simply forget.

I know that many might think what am I complaining about but wasn’t/isn’t there still quite an outrage out there over Adobe’s change to a subscription model? I wish C&V will keep things as they were and not rock the boat too much … I did send them an e-mail and hope that I will get an explanation which I will be happy to share on here later on.

May 21, 2013 at 8:34 am

• Walter thank you for stopping by and for your feedback. I’m glad that you sent an email directly to C&V and would be interested in hearing their response. Thanks again.

May 21, 2013 at 9:56 am

• Are you complaining about $1?

May 21, 2013 at 10:43 pm

3. Such a inspiring photographer! Thanks for the post, I’ll have to check out the newest book.

May 21, 2013 at 9:51 am

4. I just downloaded this, and am really looking forward to reading it.
    Thank you for sharing, Edith!

May 21, 2013 at 12:14 pm

5. Thanks, for the information, I’m about to visit (once again) his blog.

May 21, 2013 at 12:39 pm

6. Off to buy… 145 pages for 5 dollars? Can’t argue with that!

May 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

7. Thanks Edith, books ordered.

May 23, 2013 at 6:52 am

8. I said I would share any reply I got from C&V here … it took a few days but the day b4 y’day I received the e-mail below.

C&V not only provided me with free updated versions of “Vision is Better” I and II, I had purchased earlier but it also seems that the limited-time promotion price will be coming back in the future.

No, this was never about a buck although 12 issues a year turns into 12 bucks and hence into 3 free issues, but I felt disappointed by C&V seemingly killing the promo without any explanation and by doing that somehow ignoring their longtime readership.

One can look at it from different angles and defend whatever viewpoint but I believe in turning a problem into a chance and instead of being left with a bit of bitter taste, to give a business the chance to explain or adjust the situation.

I hope that the promo will indeed come back and if anyone already owns previous versions of “Vision is Better” I and II and is interested in getting the updated ones, I would suggest you contact Sarah-Wynne Taylor.

Cheers
    Walter

Hi Walter,

My apologies for the delay in responding to your message. I believe we will continue to offer the limited-time promotion price on new books, as we really like giving it to our followers.

Here are updated copies of Vision is Better I & II—no charge, of course. Sorry if it seems like we are using the new offering to get you to purchase twice! We simply saw an opportunity to update the old books, and took it.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you.

Regards,

Sarah-Wynne Taylor

UNQUOTE

June 5, 2013 at 11:04 am

• Thanks for the update Walter. I’ve found that Craft & Vision are a pleasure to work with and they are very responsive to their customers.

June 5, 2013 at 11:14 am