Mush, Mush

All my good intentions to get caught up with work and prepare my blog posts went out the window this weekend. On Saturday we got almost 20cm of snow but it was mild out and quite pleasant. It was a veritable winter wonderland with the bare trees full of snow. It really was beautiful at least looking out the window it was. I should have been outdoors shooting but unfortunately I got hit by a wicked cold on Friday and ended up spending most of the weekend in doors all stuffed up and cranky. Oh well…can’t plan these things. It’s Sunday night and I am feeling much better so let me share with you an image I shoot a couple of weeks ago at the Cannington Dog Sled Races.

I have many more images to share and I will prepare a lengthy post that I’ll share on my PhoDOGraphy by Edith Levy site. (Don’t worry I’ll let you know about it 🙂 )

In the meantime here’s a sneak peek…

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better)

Dog sled race, Cannington, Ontario, Siberian Husky, Huskies, snow, race, sled, Pet Photography, Toronto Pet Photographer

1. I loved this photograph, so lovely and colourful… Thank you dear Edith Levy, love, nia

February 3, 2014 at 7:39 am

2. They do look like they’re having fun! I’d love to see some dogsled races someday.

February 3, 2014 at 8:43 am

• Thanks Rob. I’ve been wanting to shoot an event like this for awhile but the past few winters they’ve been cancelled as there wasn’t enough snow. Not the case this year. My biggest fear was how the dogs were treated but I was quite pleased with what I saw.

February 3, 2014 at 11:11 am

3. Oh Edith, this has to be a splendid time photographing these beauties!!!!! Look forward to seeing more….

February 3, 2014 at 9:49 am

4. What a beautiful photo! Very crisp and vibrant. Looking forward to more and hope you feel better!

February 3, 2014 at 9:50 am

5. Jimi Jones

Wonderful shot, Edith. This looks so inviting. Love the vibrant colors in contrast to the snow.

February 3, 2014 at 2:22 pm

6. The dogs look so happy! That is something I want to do one day…dog sled! Great pic Edith. Feel better!!!! Here are some flowers for you ✽ ✾ ✿ ❀ ❁ ❃ ❋ 😉

February 3, 2014 at 2:55 pm

7. sedge808

they look so happy

February 3, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Great image Edith. It snowed here yesterday again so I can imagine what it has been like for you up north. I have never had the opportunity to ride a dog sled. Looks like fun.

February 4, 2014 at 10:35 am

• Thanks Len. Well I didn’t actually ride one but the dogs were certainly enjoying it.

February 4, 2014 at 2:25 pm

9. Beautifully captured, Edith!

February 4, 2014 at 11:35 am

10. What a great photograph this is, Edith!
    We were supposed to get a major snowstorm today and into tomorrow, but so far, no snow at all. Only cold. I was actually looking forward to it.

February 4, 2014 at 12:56 pm

• Thanks Lisa. We’re actually supposed to get with another storm tomorrow. We’ll see.

February 4, 2014 at 2:26 pm

11. How cool is that Edith, cannot wait for more, reminds me of my Huskies

February 4, 2014 at 4:30 pm

12. What a pity to miss out all that snow. But good to hear that you are feeling better. It must have been really fun to participate in the dog sledge race.

February 4, 2014 at 8:50 pm