Carnegie Deli

Where do you go in Manhattan to feed two teenage boys? Well Carnegie Deli of course. Now this isn’t you’re run of the mill deli; it’s not for the faint of heart because all their sandwiches have at least a pound of meat in them. If you find yourself in NYC  head to Carnegie Deli and have the pastrami sandwich, you won’t be disappointed. Oh and if you have room get a slice of Strawberry cheesecake. Never mind…you won’t have room but get the cheesecake anyway.

I grabbed this shot while waiting in line to get in. After some adjustments in Photoshop I processed this with Topaz Simplify. Topaz Labs is having a 50% off promotion on Topaz Simplify until the end of February. You can check it out here.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Carnegie Deli, New York landmark, Broadway Danny Rose, sandwich, pastrami, Manhattan, New York city

1. I just goggled an image of a Carnegie Deli pastrami sandwich. You ate it all?

February 21, 2014 at 7:06 am

• LOL…nope I couldn’t. I shared mine with my husband and then had a slice of strawberry cheesecake. My sons did eat their own sandwich though.

February 21, 2014 at 11:11 am

2. NYC is THE place for deli’s. Adore them. Now I need a fix of lox and bagels.

February 21, 2014 at 9:32 am

3. So many restaurants, so little time…. Nice shot.

February 21, 2014 at 9:35 am

4. Very colorful storefront! I’ve heard of it and some day I’ll be splitting a sandwich with my hubby. They’re huge!

February 21, 2014 at 11:18 am

Great shot image of this Manhattan icon. I have eaten there too many times and probably aded a few pounds to the waistline (but well worth it).

February 21, 2014 at 3:04 pm

6. Does sound like a great place to grab a super sized deli sandwich. Cool photo as well. I like the angle, hot dog yellow and red colors, and your final finish in Topaz Simplify. Thanks for sharing and more a bit of motivation in my own photo work.

February 21, 2014 at 7:15 pm

7. Oh wow, I could really go for a sandwich from there right now!

February 22, 2014 at 12:30 pm

8. How lovely. Nothing like a good deli and always good to be served up a teenage boy sized sandwich to enjoy and to have someone to share it with.. I remember being that hungry. I’m not sure how my parents managed to afford the huge amount of food four teenage boys used to consume on a daily basis. 🙂

February 22, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Excellent shot, Edith! I’ve been there and enjoyed every moment and bite!

February 23, 2014 at 7:36 pm

10. This really is such a great place!

February 23, 2014 at 8:08 pm

11. Go to a Deli in NYC, its on my wish list. Great shot Edith.

February 24, 2014 at 6:51 am

12. Definitely a NYC tradition Edith – love the way you captured the colors.

February 24, 2014 at 10:13 am

13. I’ll have to check this place out next time I’m in the city.

February 24, 2014 at 2:44 pm