Fifth Avenue Building

Here’s another image of the Flatiron building in Manhattan and as the title suggests it’s located on 5th Avenue. I wanted to give this image a vintage, turn of the century postcard look keeping with the 1902 date of completion of the building. The gold street clock has been there since 1909 and I wanted to go back in time (no pun intended) to what a photograph might have looked like if it was taken back then.

I converted the image to monochrome using OnOne’s Perfect Black and White and then Perfect Effects for the postcard border.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Flatiron building, New York, Manhattan, vintage, postcard, building, architecture, monochrome, clock, fifth avenue

1. One of the nicest versions of Flatiron that I’ve seen. Good work!

February 24, 2014 at 8:16 am

2. Nice angle and the processing works so well.

February 24, 2014 at 8:32 am

3. WOW! So impressive, Fascinated me. Thank you dear Edith Levy, love, nia

February 24, 2014 at 9:18 am

4. Your edits are very effective. Nice composition as well.

February 24, 2014 at 10:15 am

5. Nice job! I love old buildings like that.

February 24, 2014 at 10:23 am

6. This iconic building looks great here, Edith. I never tire of seeing it, as each photo seems to have it’s own character and merits. Really love the processing on this one, has an old time feel to it. Nicely done!

February 24, 2014 at 11:06 am

Really cool composition of this icon with the clock front and center Edith. Love teh old time treatment.

February 24, 2014 at 12:11 pm

8. Great effect! You’re inspiring me to go back and play with my images of the same place!

February 24, 2014 at 1:00 pm

9. I swear, I could photograph this building all day, and never tire of it.
    Fantastic perspective and wonderful edit, Edith.

February 24, 2014 at 1:50 pm

10. This building I would like to admire once in nature. Big picture

February 24, 2014 at 3:06 pm

11. Not only the vintage processing BUT the frame is just the icing on the cake…kudos!

February 24, 2014 at 3:12 pm

12. What can I say that hasn’t been said before in the comments above. That the processing you have chosen sucks? Well, I could say that just to stand out from the crowd but this time the crowd is right. This is one of the best choices of processing for one of my favorite buildings that I have ever seen. If I were to re-post someone else’s work, yours would be the first. I absolutely love this.

February 25, 2014 at 12:03 am

Edith, you have accomplished what many a photographer has tried … a unique and wonderful photo of the Flatiron.

February 25, 2014 at 7:39 am

14. Absolutely perfect! Love the period correct feel of how you processed and delivered this one, Edith, just lovely!!

February 26, 2014 at 6:26 pm

15. Pingback: Your Weekly Dose of Inspiration: 30 Amazing Photography Links

16. Such a great building. I really like your inclusion of the clock in the image. Nice eye.

March 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm