Blue Hour at the Louvre

Wow it’s been over 2 weeks since I’ve blogged and I think that’s the longest I’ve gone since I started this blog 3 years ago. It’s actually been a really nice break and I’ve had good reason as I was travelling through Europe, Paris and Italy to be precise.

I was uploading regularly to my Facebook page during my travels so if you’d like to catch up and see some of this on-the-go iPhone images you can click here.

While the trip was amazing I returned home to find that I had a flood in my basement 😦 I’ll leave that story for another time but needless to say I didn’t even get a chance to download any of my images until last night. With over 2000 images to sort through, cull and process it may take me some time especially since my office and Mac is located in the basement.

We spent the first two days of our journey in Paris. It truly is the city of lights and what better image to kick things of with then the Louvre at blue hour. This was taken on our first night in Paris. Having flown from Toronto to Paris on an overnight flight I was walking around with very little sleep. Sunset that night was at 9:57pm so at that point I was almost at the 48 hour mark with only about 2 hours of sleep but I was in Paris and I wasn’t going to miss this opportunity. The real hero in all of this was my husband who was quietly dozing on a bench at this point.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.Paris, France, Blue hour, Louvre, Museum, art, pyramid, glass, travel photography

1. Amazing!! Cant wait to see more pictures!

July 17, 2014 at 9:40 am

2. Magnifique ! 🙂

July 17, 2014 at 9:54 am

3. Love the color!

July 17, 2014 at 9:56 am

So sorry to hear about your basement Edith. I have seen lots of images of this iconic location and this ranks up there with the best.

July 17, 2014 at 10:12 am

5. Edith, you’re visited one of my top-tier cities. I LOVE Paris. You’ve done a terrific job of capturing the LOUVRE. It’s stunning after dark–more so than day time. Well done.

July 17, 2014 at 10:30 am

• Thank you Sally. It really is a beautiful city and you’re right at night its magical.

July 17, 2014 at 10:51 am

6. Fantastic!! Tres jolie!

July 17, 2014 at 11:11 am

7. What a pity. Hope, nothing really serious happened to you house and your stuff in the basement. (dataloss an so on)
    Here are mine taken at Louvre Palais two years ago: https://solaner.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/visiting-louvre-palais/

July 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm

• Well the carpet and some furniture is completely toast. Luckily my computer and hard drives were perfectly fine. Thanks so much and I like your take on the Louvre.

July 17, 2014 at 5:16 pm

8. I’m sorry about your basement, Edith. 😦
    It sounds like you had a wonderful time away, and I look forward to seeing your trip photographs here.

Welcome back!

July 17, 2014 at 4:45 pm

9. What a truly stunning shot! I highly doubt I’ll be able to stay up that late my first night :). Is that handheld or with a tripod?

July 17, 2014 at 8:04 pm

• Thanks Cindy. I used a tripod for this shot. When do you leave?

July 17, 2014 at 11:36 pm

• August 1st!!! I thought you couldn’t take tripods on a plane? I guess they have lightened up on that rule. I don’t think I’ll be taking one though because I am trying to take as little camera stuff as possible because we will be using a lot of trains and buses and walking.

July 18, 2014 at 6:50 am

• I didn’t take the tripod on the plane. It was packed in my checked luggage.

July 18, 2014 at 8:23 am

• Ok, that makes sense. It sure paid off taking it because that shot is wonderful :).

July 18, 2014 at 9:12 am

10. Hi Edith, glad to see you’re back! So sorry to hear about your basement, that’s no fun! 😦 Your picture is wonderful!

July 17, 2014 at 8:40 pm

11. Superb image Edith! 🙂

July 18, 2014 at 1:45 pm

12. Ooo, this is wonderful Edith, great composition and details in the architecture here! Can’t wait to see else you’ve got stashed away on your memory cards there!!

July 18, 2014 at 2:05 pm

13. Welcome back, Edith!
    This is fantastic image to jump-start the blog after such a great trip abroad. Love this shot, particularly since it was taken during the blue hour. You chose a really nice composition as well, something different than the angle shot by most.

Looking forward to seeing some of your other goodies. Sorry about your basement mishap, bummer. But those great memories from the trip will help pull you through. 🙂

July 18, 2014 at 5:32 pm

• Thank you so very much Jimi. Yes the basement fiasco sis not make for a happy homecoming but the trip was amazing.

July 19, 2014 at 12:33 am

14. This is lovely Edith…!

July 18, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Your computer was in the basement? Oh gosh! I hope it’s okay …
    In the meantime, this is a beautiful image. I’ve never been to Paris so I look forward to seeing the city through your lens. Welcome back, Edith! I was glad to see your post pop up in my inbox! Hope the damage from the flood wasn’t too horrible.

July 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm

• Thanks very much Laurie. Yes my office is in the basement but the computer was fine.

July 19, 2014 at 1:06 am

16. Beautiful image Edith. Sorry to hear about your basement. (I’ve been there, and done that.) It great to have you back!

July 19, 2014 at 8:14 am

17. What a great trip you are having, this shot is great Edith, sorry about the flood, good luck with that

July 19, 2014 at 9:49 am

18. You’ve been busy recently travelling, Edith. Israel and then Europe. A superb image to kick off with. Worth suffering the jet la to catch this.

July 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm

19. Love your shot. But I never could get excited about the glass pyramid. It does make for some great photo opportunities, though!

July 20, 2014 at 2:13 pm

20. Pingback: 30 Links to Inspiring Photography and Amazing Articles - The Infinite Studio

21. Pingback: 30 Links to Inspiring Photography and Amazing Articles