Cave à Vin

The corner wine store is a staple in Paris as is this one tucked away on a street in the St. Germain des Pres.

St. Germain des Pres is an area in the 6e arrondissement of Paris on the left bank of the Seine. It was the centre of intellectuals, artists and philosophers and home of the existentialist movement during the time of Jean-Paul Satre. It’s as vibrant today with wonderful cafes and restaurants, museums and galleries and streets teeming with locals and tourists.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Paris, France, wine shop, graffiti, street photography, travel photography

1. How beautiful!!!

July 19, 2014 at 9:59 am

2. Nicely done Edith!

July 19, 2014 at 10:09 am

3. Beautifully done. I like the soft treatment of the bikes. Your information is also well written and succinct.

July 19, 2014 at 12:34 pm

4. Nice shot and an interesting looking part of town, Edith. Lots of history there I’m sure.
    That graffiti is sure in an interesting spot. I wonder how they got up there. 🙂

July 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm

5. This is wonderful, Edith!

July 19, 2014 at 4:51 pm

6. Wonderful interpretation.

July 19, 2014 at 5:54 pm

7. Great shot, Edith! Love how you process the image. Like Jim, I ‘m wondering how they get up there to draw the graffiti 😉 With a lather i guest. 😉

Liked by 1 person

July 19, 2014 at 6:46 pm

• Thanks Anne. I’m not sure how they got up there but I ladder is probably a good bet.

July 20, 2014 at 12:37 am

8. Nice, but You know what? I liked the ‘writings’ and particularly their style, the fonts, on the wall. Very nice.

July 20, 2014 at 3:58 am

There is so much going on in this image. Almost like a “Where’s Waldo” print (I sure hope that doesn’t offend). Wonderfully unique!

July 20, 2014 at 10:20 am

10. Beautifully textured shot. I usually enjoy graffiti but not here. It just seems so out of place!

July 20, 2014 at 2:20 pm

• Thanks Emilio. I find this is a scene that there’s so much going on that everyone gets something different from it.

July 20, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Terrific shot Edith. I have got to get to Paris one day.

July 21, 2014 at 6:59 am

12. A delightful splash of colour hidden away. Quite a gem, Edith. I usually love graffiti but I’m a little disappointed to see it defacing these walls

July 21, 2014 at 1:47 pm

13. I’m with Andy, it’s a shame about the graffiti. What a smashing little place though Edith and a great image. I really do owe it to myself to do some exploring in Paris. For me after all, it is only a short-ish train journey away. I spent my 18th Birthday in Paris on my way home from spending 3 weeks helping to bring in the grape harvest on the banks of lake Geneva in Switzerland. I’ve not been back since. It’s about time I think. 🙂

July 21, 2014 at 3:20 pm

• Thanks Adrian. We met so many people while travelling in Paris and through Italy that were from other parts of Europe and were surprise that it was close to a nine hour plane ride from Toronto to Paris. They kept saying it was a long way to go and I kept thinking how jealous I was that they were so close to all these wonderful cities and countries steeped in so much history.

July 21, 2014 at 4:17 pm

14. Wonderful shot, but this style of graffiti as opposed to street art is a shame at this site.

July 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm

15. I love the way the tops of the buildings are almost monochromatic while what is within arm’s reach is so colorful.

July 21, 2014 at 9:13 pm

16. Such a beautiful gem. Cant believe they have graffiti on those beautiful buildings.

July 23, 2014 at 9:33 am