The Prayer

There are so many beautiful sights in Paris but with only 2 days to visit I couldn’t possible see all of them. One that I did get too however was Notre Dame Cathedral.

I have a few images of the cathedral to share with you but I thought I’d start with one of my favourites that I captured.

This was shot handheld at an ISO of 3200. I used Topaz DeNoise to clean up some of the noise. You can use coupon code ELPHOTO to get 15% off any Topaz product.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Paris, France, Notre Dame, Cathedral, prayer, travel photography

1. Whistlestop tours of Paris never offer as much of the city as you would like! I’ve seen the outside of Notre Dame, but not the inside!

July 22, 2014 at 7:46 am

• That’s true. It was a quick stop as our focus was Italy but 2 days was better then nothing and I’ve been to Paris before.

July 22, 2014 at 10:56 am

2. Wow!! What an absolutely perfect capture. Our hotel is about an 8 minute walk from there. I can’t wait! Don’t forget – if you have any tips, I would love to hear them.

July 22, 2014 at 7:46 am

• Thanks Cindy. I’ve been meaning to sit down a write a longer blog post on Paris but with the flood in my basement and the clean up that’s happening now I just haven’t had a chance. If there’s anything you want to know or if you have any questions let me know.

July 22, 2014 at 11:03 am

• No worries Edith. I know what cleaning up a flooded basement is like. We’ve got more than enough things to fill our short time in Paris, so I think we’re good :). Any restaurant recommendations (not too expensive) would be welcome though.

July 22, 2014 at 4:55 pm

• Oh I wish I could remember actual names of restaurants. The beauty of Paris (and Italy) is the number of restaurants and cafes on every straight. I can honestly say we did not have a bad meal. One of our favorite activities was actually sitting at an outside table enjoying good food and wine and watching the activity on the street.

July 23, 2014 at 10:53 am

• Sounds just wonderful :).

July 23, 2014 at 7:35 pm

3. Wow, just look at the detail you were still able to capture in the stain glass window.

July 22, 2014 at 7:49 am

4. Paris is a marvel of the Western world. I LOVE it. I’m thrilled that you had at least some time there to appreciate its culture, food, people and architecture.

July 22, 2014 at 8:22 am

5. Beautiful capture Edith! Powerful shot!

July 22, 2014 at 8:50 am

6. You made an excellent choice in choosing this place. It had to be frustrating with so many to pick from huh?! My daughter went to Notre Dame College in the states and this place holds a special place in our hearts because of that. Great pics.

July 22, 2014 at 10:11 am

Nicely composed and wonderful scene Edith.

July 23, 2014 at 2:27 pm

8. This is just beautiful, and the angle you chose makes it even more so, Edith.

July 23, 2014 at 4:59 pm

9. Beautiful capture Edith, love the stained glass.

July 23, 2014 at 7:26 pm

10. Beautiful. I swear I can hear the echo of footsteps!

July 24, 2014 at 12:48 am

So this was right time, right place in terms of that prayer?
    wow that is lovely.
    The stained glass and the architecture are just so beautifully photographed, Edith. Thanks for taking us there.

July 24, 2014 at 7:34 pm