Annie Leibovitz – The Big Book

One of my favourite photographers today is Annie Leibovitz. When Taschen publishers announced a few months ago that they’ve published a new art book of Annie’s work I thought to myself I have to get a copy.

This “Big Book” is about 20in x 28in and comes with its own stand and a retail price of $2500.00.  As much as I’d love a copy of this book, unfortunately, at that price it doesn’t look like I’ll be getting a copy anytime soon but I would have loved to at least see it.

Walking through the St. Germain-des Pres district in Paris one day we stumbled across a Taschen book store and what was displayed in the window…yes…The Big Book. They had one on display inside as well which I was able to flip through (no pictures allowed though) and it was beautiful. I know I’m a geek 🙂

Taschen, Paris, Annie Leibovitz, Art Book,

Taschen, Paris, Annie Leibovitz, Art Book,

1. When I saw your post,I thought I might get one as well.
    But… $2500 is a bit expensive,even for Taschen standards! Annie Leibovitz is such an inspiring photographer…

July 24, 2014 at 11:07 am

2. Yes, you are a geek. I, on the other hand, only have one Ansel Adams print on the wall in my den. Well, not an actual print, but a poster! So I believe I can be distinguished from actual geekdom by my reluctance to hang any more copies of his work. But your problem is not insurmountable. How many followers do you have? Couldn’t you start one of those money drives where everyone pledges a dollar? Or 5? You’re welcome!

July 24, 2014 at 11:08 am

3. As well, she is one of my favorite photographers but holy schmoly $2,500?!?! Even if the stand was gold plated that’s just obscene!

July 24, 2014 at 12:08 pm

4. I’d love one too!! Well, then we have to wait. Today it’s possible to get Helmut Newton’s big book “Sumo” as a Repro for 100€. The limited edition from Taschen is sold out (10000€). It’s the biggest book http://www.taschen.com/pages/de/catalogue/photography/all/02601/facts.helmut_newtons_sumo.htm

You need plenty of room to keep a book like this! 🙂

July 24, 2014 at 12:31 pm

• Oh that’s interesting. It may take awhile but I’ll wait. 100 Euros is definitely better then $2500.

July 24, 2014 at 2:45 pm

5. Looks exquisite, Edith. We can all dream, can’t we?

July 24, 2014 at 2:50 pm

6. Oh my goodness, lucky you, Edith!
    I would have loved to have seen this.

July 24, 2014 at 3:48 pm

• It was amazing to flip through the book. The images are beautiful and at that size it truly is a work of art.

July 24, 2014 at 5:17 pm

She is an iconic photographer. Great shots Edith. Maybe next year it will be discounted to $2,100.

July 24, 2014 at 7:49 pm

8. Sid - The Wanderer

Ah the big beautiful book! I too would love to flip through it, though quite sure I wont be able to afford it 🙂

July 24, 2014 at 9:55 pm

9. Go Annie !

July 24, 2014 at 10:29 pm

10. Great photographer!

July 25, 2014 at 8:27 pm

11. A couple of years ago I was asked for one of my photos to be published in the big book, I sent the photo in and got a thank you back from them but that was all, I don’t know if my photo ever went in or not.

July 26, 2014 at 4:50 am

• You mean in Annie’s big book? That only contained her photographs.

July 26, 2014 at 8:36 pm

• No it can’t be that on then, this is another ‘big book’ that is travelling around the world.

July 27, 2014 at 4:08 am

12. Wow – that is some book!

July 27, 2014 at 3:23 pm