City of Lights

Paris is commonly referred too as the City of Lights. Arguably many cities can claim that name but I can honestly say that as beautiful as Paris is during the day at night it just sparkles and its beauty is unprecedented.

I had so much fun shooting in Paris at night. Here are a couple of more images taken at the Louvre with the ferris wheel in the Jardin des Tuileries in the background.

Click on the images to see the higher resolution versions in the gallery (they really do look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Paris, France, louvre, museum, city of lights, night photography

Paris, France, louvre, museum, city of lights, night photography

1. More wonderful night photographs by you.

August 5, 2014 at 8:44 am

2. Gorgeous work, Edith! I’m really liking the POV and reflections in that second shot ๐Ÿ˜€

August 5, 2014 at 9:36 am

3. Lumineux ! ๐Ÿ™‚

August 5, 2014 at 10:44 am

4. Stunning images Edith!

August 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm

5. You really captured some very beautiful night images, Edith.

August 5, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Stunning shots Edith. I have yet to visit there but it is pretty high on the bucket list.

August 6, 2014 at 6:14 am

7. Incredible night photo!

August 6, 2014 at 7:17 am

8. These are beautiful shots! And for you to get these shots sans people – I am guessing you were there in the wee hours.

August 6, 2014 at 12:51 pm

• Thanks so much Debby. It was late but not that late. Believe it or not sunset was at 9:55pm so these were taken at about 10:30 or so. There were more people by the road but were I positioned myself was pretty empty with just a few roaming around. It was also a long exposure so as long as someone was just walking by they weren’t captured.

August 6, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Beautiful! I’d love to follow you around someday ๐Ÿ™‚
    Getting ready to head out on the bike and am checking out a few favorite blogs before I go. Fingers crossed for no rain (or less than rain then called for!)

August 7, 2014 at 7:23 am

10. I really like the bottom image! Great composition.

August 14, 2014 at 12:06 am