A Harbour, A Castle & A Beautiful View

Earlier this week I posted an image of the Bay of Poets over the town of Lerici. Today I wanted to share with you the view from the other side of the harbour.

Click on the image to see  higher resolution version (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Bay of Poets, Lerici, Liguria, Italy, harbour, boats, castle, travel photography

1. What a beautiful place! Great image Edith.

August 21, 2014 at 9:44 am

2. Beautiful picture! 😉

August 21, 2014 at 9:46 am

3. Very picturesque. It looks so beautiful.

August 21, 2014 at 10:09 am

4. Hillechien Prins

Like a postcard

August 21, 2014 at 10:20 am

5. So idyllic, very well captured… 🙂

August 21, 2014 at 2:15 pm

6. A very beautiful place, did you went upstairs to se the beautiful view on the mediterranée sea?
    You did a very beautiful trip in France and you show my country with some gorgeous pictures.
    Have a nice end of day Edith

August 21, 2014 at 3:09 pm

• Thank you so much Sophie. I really appreciate that. We didn’t go into the castle. In my previous post the image was taken from the hill so you see the Bay of Poets. I will post other images of the sea.

August 21, 2014 at 4:24 pm

7. Stéphane Cassin Photographie

Superbe image ainsi que les couleurs! Ce lieu d’Italie est magnifique!

August 21, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Looks like you are designing an itinerary for my next trip to Europe Edith. beautiful.

August 22, 2014 at 6:37 am

• Always happy to help Len 🙂 I just got back and I’m ready to hop a plane and go back if I could. Thanks so much for the kind comments.

August 22, 2014 at 2:25 pm

9. This is such a pretty scene, Edith.
    Have a wonderful weekend!

August 22, 2014 at 3:24 pm

10. So typical of many seaside Italian towns. It looks so good enlarged by the way.

August 23, 2014 at 5:24 pm

What a beautiful place! And how does one find their own boat? 🙂

August 24, 2014 at 11:47 am

12. Stunning Edith.

August 25, 2014 at 12:05 pm

13. I hope you don’t mind something a bit negative but to my eye, and on my pc, your photos within your postings look almost over processed. And yet, when I click to see the larger images, they are gorgeous!

August 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm

• Not a problem Emilio. The images that I upload to my WordPress library are low resolution files. This is for 2 reasons…1 to save on space and 2 if anyone copies the image they won’t be able to do much with it. The files that I upload to my SmugMug gallery are the full resolution files and they really do look much better. That’s why I always tell visitors to click on the image to see a larger resolution. I’m not sure what else WordPress does to the images but they do look different once they’re uploaded.

August 26, 2014 at 5:17 pm

• I’ve been having the same problem. I work for a half hour or so on n image in Lightroom, then I post it on wordpress and have to stop myself from going back in and changing it! Thanks for understanding my remark. I love your photos, but I love them even more when I see the higher resolution versions!

August 26, 2014 at 6:47 pm