Portofino Vista

Portofino is an Italian fishing village and resort town that’s located on the Italian Riviera.

It was recommended to us not to drive into Portofino as the traffic rules are strict for visitors and it was likely we would get a ticket if we drove into the village. We heeded that advice and drove an hour from Lerici to Rapallo and then ventured slightly further to Santa Margherita where we parked our car. Always on the lookout for a little adventure, exercise and of course photo ops, we decided to walk to Portofino which took us close to an hour. The walk itself, along a beautiful rugged coast was breath-taking. Upon arrival in Portofino we were rewarded with a much needed glass of wine, lunch followed by a cappuccino  and last but certainly not least this view.

Click on the image to see a high resolution version (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Portofino, Italy, Italian Riviera, boats, sea, vista, landscape, travel photography

1. Beautiful place.

September 1, 2014 at 9:31 am

2. I adore that area of Italy, and your image captures its spirit.

September 1, 2014 at 9:42 am

3. What a grand seascape. I would love to see Italy one day, especially the countryside.

September 1, 2014 at 9:44 am

4. Sounds like the walk ion town was well worth it. Great photo.

September 1, 2014 at 10:02 am

5. Beautiful

September 1, 2014 at 10:38 am

6. This looks like such a beautiful place, Edith.

September 1, 2014 at 4:31 pm

7. Fantastic capture! What a beautiful place.

My apologies, I have been having some issues with WP unfollowing people I have been following. I have followed you again – I hope there are no more issues. It seems like ever since WP has been tinkering with things I have been having one problem after another.

Liked by 1 person

September 1, 2014 at 5:36 pm

• Thank you Jacki and no problem. I’ve been hearing more and more of this issue. I better check my follow list and see if anythings changed.

September 1, 2014 at 6:46 pm

8. I’ve been to Italy and this photo brings back feelings of nostalgia. Great photo, Edith. Just to tell you, you are never in my reader. I have to follow you back here in order to see your work. The best thing for you, if you want me here, is to comment on Petals. Just something small. I try to get to all the likes, but some days it is mostly those who have commented that I go to those blogs. Yes I am following you and have been for a long time. So there you have it. (((HUGS))) Amy

September 1, 2014 at 5:37 pm

• Thanks Amy. I saw your post and I’m going to have to check my follow list and see who if anyone has dropped off. There are some blogs I just haven’t seen at all and I thought it was because people are blogging less in the summer.

September 1, 2014 at 6:49 pm

• That is what I thought too. I follow SO many blogs it would take me days to get through them all. I really try to stay alert as to who comes to my blog and go from there. It’s a lot of hard work. Maybe now that I commented on your blog, I will see you in my reader as you should be. *sigh* And IF I don’t remember so and so hasn’t been to my blog in a while, I forget. Good luck!!! I know how challenging this is for me!!! Yet if it were not for the good people I know and my LOVE for what I do, I wouldn’t put up with all this nonsense. (((HUGS))) Amy

Liked by 1 person

September 1, 2014 at 6:57 pm

9. What a lovely scene!

September 1, 2014 at 6:30 pm

10. Stéphane Cassin Photographie

Fantastic colors, very great photo 🙂

September 1, 2014 at 9:46 pm

11. Ja den Weg von Santa Margherita nach Portofino bin ich schon sehr oft gegangen. Immer wieder ein Erlebnis. http://flowerywallpaper.com/2014/08/10/portofino/

September 2, 2014 at 2:41 am

• Thank you for your coment. Yes the road from Santa Margherita to Portofino is beautiful.

September 2, 2014 at 11:11 am

12. Worth the walk! Wonder why fishing villages are often so colorful?

September 2, 2014 at 10:31 am

• It really was Heather. I know that in certain villages in Italy (like Burano) homeowners and builders actually have to get approval from the city on the color of their buildings. I’m not sure if that’s the case in Portofino but it really is beautiful.

September 2, 2014 at 11:12 am

13. Beautiful Edith. 🙂

September 2, 2014 at 12:41 pm

It fascinates me that builders and engineers can build homes on the curve!
    The walk, the wine, the view … pretty perfect I’d say

September 2, 2014 at 9:33 pm

15. Stunning shot.

September 3, 2014 at 8:00 am

16. It’s taking everything I’ve got right now to NOT pack my bags and head for here, Edith! Wowzers, my friend, now that’s a terrific shot! Love the architecture, the boats moored in the tiny bay and the epic landscape that surrounds it all!

September 3, 2014 at 6:11 pm

• Thank you so much my friend. You’re comments and feedback is always so appreciated.

September 3, 2014 at 6:21 pm

That is one of my favorite places in Italy. We took a cruise which stopped there and we ended up in Santa Margherita after visiting Genoa. I so wish I was able to take that walk that you did. Love this shot Edith.

September 3, 2014 at 7:34 pm

• Thanks so much Len. Santa Margherita was an unexpected delight as was the walk. Definitely do the walk next time you’re there.

September 3, 2014 at 10:14 pm

18. This is a wonderful coastline and Portofino is a gem. Well captured, Edith.

September 5, 2014 at 2:01 pm

19. Sid - The Wanderer

Looks like a gorgeous place…share more pics 🙂

September 6, 2014 at 7:56 am

20. Pingback: 30 Links to the Finest Photos and Articles of the Week You Won’t Want to Miss | Light Stalking

21. Pingback: 30 Links to the Finest Photos and Articles of the Week You Won’t Want to Miss - The Infinite Studio

22. Pingback: 30 Hyperlinks to the Best Pictures and Articles of the Week You Gained’t Need to Miss | JanNews Blog

23. Pingback: 30 Hyperlinks to the Best Photographs and Articles of the Week You Gained’t Need to Miss | TiaMart Blog

24. Pingback: 30 Links to the Finest Photos and Articles of the Week You Won’t Want to Miss | Xcuz Me