Corniglia – Cinque Terre

Last week we visited Manarola and Riomaggiore on this blog. Today I’d like to take you to the next village that I visited in Cinque Terre… Corniglia.

Unlike the other 4 villages that make up Cinque Terre, Coniglia is not directly on the sea. It sits on a promontory 100 meters high. When you arrive by train you can either order a car to take you to the village or climb the Ladarina, a long brick flight of stairs which is equal to 33 flights or almost 400 stairs.  Can you guess how we got to the top? The Ladarina of course 🙂

Click on the images to see them in high resolution (they really do look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy, village, narrow street, ice cream parlour, travel photography

Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy, village, narrow street, staircase, flowers, travel photography

Manarola, Corniglia, Cinque Terre, Italy, village, cliff, sea, landscape, travel photography

1. Lovely places in Italy. Congratulations on your work.

September 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

2. Very interesting place and wonderful photographs !

September 11, 2014 at 11:23 am

3. Really beautiful, Edith, and I just love that cobblestone in the first one.

September 11, 2014 at 11:42 am

4. More Italian beauty in architecture and nature.

September 11, 2014 at 11:56 am

5. Such a beautiful place. The stonework is amazing. Fine captures Edith. Have a wonderful weekend!

September 12, 2014 at 11:35 am

6. I have followed you trip to Cinque Terre with interest. I visit the area some four or five years ago, and fell in love with the five towns. Corniglia was an interesting town, but not necessarily my favourite. But I did walk the flights… Once again you show some beautiful photos of the area. Seems like you have had a fantastic time. 🙂

September 13, 2014 at 8:04 pm

• Thank you so much for your comments Otto. I did have a fantastic time and really fell in love with Cinque Terre. That’s not surprising though since Italy is one of my favourite countries.

September 13, 2014 at 10:18 pm

7. I can’t imagine taking all those stairs☺ Beautiful and quaint village.

September 15, 2014 at 8:05 am

8. What a delight to walk up that hill and a picture at every corner I imagine – a camera provides a good excuse to take a breather!!

September 16, 2014 at 1:51 pm

• LOL…you found me out Andy. When we got to the top I told my husband to wait so that I could get some pictures of the view all the while catching my breath.

September 16, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Classic Italian scene Edith.

September 16, 2014 at 3:01 pm