Topaz Impression

Last week Topaz Labs announced the release of their newest plug-in, Topaz Impression. I had the pleasure of taking Impression for a test run this weekend and to say the least…I’m impressed by Impression.

As with all of the Topaz products this new plug-in is intuitive and easy to use. Impression comes loaded with 47 pre-sets that are designed to help you realize your vision by transforming your photos into realistic-looking studio art. You can use the pre-sets as they are (which is excellent) or use them as a jump off point to create your own unique piece.

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 11.37.23 PM

The Preset Panel

Once you’ve selected your preferred pre-set you can click on it to go to the editing panel. There you can adjust the brush strokes, its width and length, opacity, brightness, contrast, texture strength and many more adjustments that allow you total control over your artistic creation. Impression also gives you total control over your colour palette.

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 11.33.57 PM

The Editing Panel

Here are a couple of images that I created using Topaz Impression.

Jardin des Tuileries, Paris, garden, fountain, water, summertime, France, travel photography, Topaz Impression

Tuscany, Italy, red chairs, orange wall, Fine Art, travel photography, Topaz Impression

I liken this plug-in to a very cool app but its oh so much more. If you’ve always wanted to create beautiful digital art then Topaz Impression will enable you to do so. As with all of the Topaz Labs products you can download a free trial and try it for yourself. Click here to down load the free trial or to purchase Topaz Impression which is 25% off until September 30 by using this coupon code: SEPIMPRESSION.

1. Great review and images Edith. I love the warm bottom one. Looks so inviting. The top image is very fun. 🙂

Have a great week,

Boyd

September 22, 2014 at 7:32 am

2. These images look really nice, Edith. I haven’t had the chance to play with this yet but look forward to test driving it. I can see it’s potential.

You’re right about Topaz products, they are all fun and easy to use. 🙂

September 22, 2014 at 9:13 am

3. It really is fun to play with, and you got some great results here, Edith. I LOVE the window.

September 22, 2014 at 10:51 am

4. Love that second image, Edith – great colours and textures!

September 22, 2014 at 11:54 am

5. I’m getting inundated with plug-ins that I want. But I have to stop somewhere. I’ve got Perfect Effects 8 right now and until I become proficient with it, I will not buy anything else. But if someone were to give me Topaz Impressions as a gift I wouldn’t say no. It looks amazing and I love what you have done with your images.

September 22, 2014 at 7:44 pm

• Thanks so much Emilio. There are a lot out of terrific plug-in’s out there that’s for sure. I also use Perfect Effects. The beauty is they all have their unique qualities.

September 22, 2014 at 11:21 pm

6. I love Topaz products. I haven’t tried this one yet, though.

September 23, 2014 at 6:59 am

7. Love that window shot, very cool Edith

September 23, 2014 at 12:12 pm

8. Can you believe I still haven’t tried Topaz yet? So much to do so little time!

September 23, 2014 at 3:30 pm

9. I think I’ve lost count now of how many Topaz plugins there are! The first image has some similarities with the Topaz Clean Curly Smooth preset by the look of it. I must explore this, Photoshop lacks filters that achieve these sort of effects.

September 24, 2014 at 12:14 pm

10. Dear Edith…I tried Impression on ACER notebook 8572T I3 370M processor and Win 8.1, but it´s not installing, cause of older Intel graphics and OPEN GL 2.1 – needing Open GL 3.2…so it´s unable to install TOPAZ SW…I tried other TOPAZ packages in past, all well running…except this new package Impression…;-( bad try…
    have a good weekend…