Back from Cuba

It seems that I disappeared a couple of weeks ago without a word or a holiday wish to all of you and for that I apologize. I hope you’ve all had a wonderful holiday. I got walloped with a nasty cold which really did me in before the holidays and then I was off to Cuba.

Cuba is a place that I’ve always wanted to visit and photograph but this was a family vacation. One glorious week of sun and sand at a resort in Varadero with the kids. We did get to Havana for a day, which was certainly not long enough, but it did give a small taste of this wonderful city and its people. I’ll have more images and stories in the weeks to come but for now I just want to wish you all a Happy New Year.

Click ont he image to see a higher resolution version (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Cuba, Havana, car, classic car, Bel Air, Chevy, Travel Photography, Street Photography

Happy holidays to you too Edith. Cuba has always been on my bucket list. The photos I have seen of Cuba always have vintage cars in them so I was not surprised to see one in yours. Great shot. Looking forward to more photos from your trip.

December 29, 2014 at 7:49 am

• Thanks Len.
      Cuba has always been on my list and now that I’ve been there I know I have to get back with photography being the focal point of the trip.

December 29, 2014 at 12:14 pm

• Edith, returning to Cuba for a photo shoot, sound like a good plan! Havana is certainly “the” place to visit.
        Happy New Year! xx

December 29, 2014 at 2:25 pm

2. Wow! Cuba. How nice. Wish I could go. Happy New Year.

December 29, 2014 at 7:56 am

3. Havana is definitely a photographer’s location of choice. I look forward to seeing more of this vibrant yet time-encapsulated city through your eyes, Edith.

December 29, 2014 at 8:00 am

4. Happy holidays Edith. Sounds like a great trip! My son and his girlfriend just booked a trip to Cuba for their reading week in February, and my son will love it if he sees cars like that everywhere :).

December 29, 2014 at 10:02 am

5. Love that Chevy!!!

December 29, 2014 at 10:36 am

6. I’d love to go to Cuba and look forward to your photographs. All the best for 2105.

December 29, 2014 at 10:40 am

7. Reblogged this on Musings and commented:
    Love those cars! look as tough as a mac truck, lol

Liked by 1 person

December 29, 2014 at 11:23 am

8. I’m a sucker for old cars and this is a beaut! (I’m guilty of the disappearing act, too, but sometimes life calls. Everyone understands!!) Happy New Year to you, Edith!

December 29, 2014 at 11:28 am

9. Happy New Year, Edith! Hope 2015 is a good year for you…

December 29, 2014 at 11:57 am

10. I haven’t been to Cuba in more than 5 years. I think I need to put it back on my list.

Liked by 1 person

December 29, 2014 at 12:50 pm

11. Glad you are better and that you had a nice visit to Cuba! I can’t wait for more pics!

December 29, 2014 at 3:27 pm

12. Best wishes for the holidays, Edith!
    So glad you’re feeling better and had an opportunity to visit Cuba. Its a place I have always wanted to visit, mainly because of the vintage old cars and architecture. Looking forward to seeing some of your other shots from there.

Happy New Year!

December 30, 2014 at 8:38 pm

• Thank you so much Jimi. You would love it there. A very happy new year to you and your family.

December 30, 2014 at 9:05 pm

13. Lucky!!! Cuba is on my list…I have been temped to go from a couple of other countries, now it looks like I will be able to get there much easier! Can’t wait to see more images.

December 31, 2014 at 8:22 am

• Thank you so much Erin. Cuba is a great place and with all the changes occurring I think more U.S. travels will be able to enjoy it.

Liked by 1 person

December 31, 2014 at 2:49 pm

14. Really want to go to make pictures of those fantastic cars! Before it’s all gone!!

December 31, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I have indeed wondered where you’d been! Glad to hear all is well and that you had a wonderful week of sun, sand, and a bit of photography.
    I’ve always heard that Cuba is the wish list for photographers, but not always known why. I look forward to learning that from you.
    Happy New Year, Edith!

December 31, 2014 at 6:08 pm

• Thanks Laurie. It’s a fantastic place for photography and also has beaches that can’t be beat 🙂 Happy New Year to you too.

January 1, 2015 at 11:44 am

16. All the best to you in the coming year. I hope to visit Cuba one day, myself (and in the meantime, await any photos you wish to share!)

January 2, 2015 at 8:45 am

• Oy, my sentence structure in the second sentence left something to be desired! It’s early and I’m not yet through my first cup of coffee.

Liked by 1 person

January 2, 2015 at 8:47 am

• Thanks Carissa.

January 2, 2015 at 9:18 am

17. I’ve been a tad under the weather myself here Edith, I hope you’re over that now and feeling better. You know how much I love those ol’ classics, and this beaut of a ’55 Chev Bel-Air is wonderful, a shot I really really enjoyed. Looking forward to seeing more from your visit!!

January 2, 2015 at 4:36 pm

• I’m sorry Toad I hope you’re feeling better. Thank you so much for the comments. LOL…I should have known that you would know the exact year of this car. Thank you 🙂

January 3, 2015 at 11:01 am