Havana Rooftops

One of the best bird’s-eye views of the city of Havana is from the roof of the Bacardi Building. While I was shooting this scene I kept thinking about the layers upon lairs of roofs and how the different colour buildings played against each other.

I kept seeing this scene as a multiple exposure but unfortunately my Canon 7D doesn’t do in camera multiple exposures. I created the final image in Photoshop.

Let me know what you think. Β Have a wonderful weekend everyone and Happy Passover and Happy Easter!

Click on the image to enlarge or to Purchase a Print.

Havana, Cuba, rooftops, multiple exposure, travel photography

Sort of looks like a puzzle. Pretty cool Edith

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 10:11 am

2. fo me, it looks like an accident, sorry. I’d like to see the original image.

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 10:18 am

• Thanks for the feedback. Nope definitely not a mistake I actually meant to do this. Sometimes you have to think out of the box and try something different. It may appeal to some and it may not appeal to others. That’s the beauty of art.

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 1:14 pm

• I know, Edith, you did it intentionally. A friend of mine also does some strange experiments wit her camera. Thus I’m kind of used to some effects. As Dina wrote, maybe it works better with another subject.

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 1:22 pm

3. Hi Edith, I’m not sure about the final image. I saw this type of effect with flowers and the result is more abstract. Here, what happens is that we still see very well the details of the buildings, and it looks like the image is blurry. Having said that, I think it’s very creative. πŸ˜‰

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 10:57 am

• Thanks so much Anne. I really appreciate your feedback. I was actually trying to keep some of the details so that you could still see that they were rooftops. I actually also added more saturation on some of the colours for that reason. Well it was an experiment…you never know until you try πŸ™‚ I did another one maybe I’ll post that one too and see what you all think.

April 3, 2015 at 1:16 pm

• For sure! Experiment is the key to a strong photograph. Can’t wait to see your next one. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 3:41 pm

4. I love this style, or photography technique? Whatever, this is amazingly beautiful result. Thank you for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

April 3, 2015 at 11:02 am

5. Nice shot! Good Easter!

April 3, 2015 at 11:23 am

6. Sue

It’s great, Edith! Have a lovely Easter πŸ™‚

April 3, 2015 at 11:29 am

7. I happen to like the effect, Edith. Because of the way it’s patterned, it seems clear (to me) that it’s an artistic effect and not blurry. Love the “why” behind it!

April 3, 2015 at 11:39 am

8. Nice effect for once in a while!

Happy Easter, Edit!
    All the best
    from the Four of us,
    Dina, Klausbernd, Siri and Selma

April 3, 2015 at 12:33 pm

9. It reminds me that each image can have multiple stores. It has a way of pulling the viewer into it. As Dina said, it’s an effect that can be enjoyed occasionally.

April 3, 2015 at 12:39 pm

10. Did you sneeze?

April 3, 2015 at 12:42 pm

11. It reminds me of an impressionistic painting Edith. Very nice indeed. Happy Passover to you! πŸ™‚

April 3, 2015 at 2:00 pm

12. such elegant and brilliant reflection of work!!

April 3, 2015 at 2:03 pm

13. Impressionistic? Whatever we might call it, I say it works. Well thought out, Edith

April 4, 2015 at 4:29 pm

14. This is such a cool image! Love it!

April 4, 2015 at 8:06 pm

15. great photo and congrats on your new and GREAT signiture logo!

Arlen

April 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm

16. Pingback: More Dizzying Heights & My Thoughts on Creativity | Edith Levy Photography

17. I agree with some of the others, it has that impressionistic look, which works to stir the imagination. On the other hand, I think you’re a victim of your own success, providing all of those clean, crisp and well-balance color images. This may be a bridge too far for some that has come to expect that from you. πŸ™‚

Experimentation is the key to growth and something we should always be willing to do.

Liked by 1 person

April 6, 2015 at 9:34 am

18. Funny, I was thinking that it reminded me a bit of a puzzle, and then I noticed your first commenter had the same reaction. Actually I think it’s quite pretty, makes the mind wander. I like that.

April 6, 2015 at 11:47 pm

19. Edith, for me it looks like a broken digital video when it crumbles in hundreds of pixels. Wow! You’ve got it.

Liked by 1 person

April 7, 2015 at 12:18 pm

20. I like it! It’s similar to a series of shots I did called Blur-Aviv. https://cardinalguzman.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/from-the-blur-aviv-series/

April 13, 2015 at 9:43 am

21. poppytump

I really like this effect Edith ! You’ve inspired me to look into this process / technique some more .

April 19, 2015 at 5:21 am