Barn Boarded Antiques

Port Carling is a community in the Township of Muskoka Lakes. It was settled in the 1850’s by the Ojibway Indians. Today it is home to hundreds of year round residents and thousands of seasonal residents.

My husband and I spent part of the day, last weekend, walking around town. We were only going to stop in Port Carling for about an hour or so but it was such a lovely town that we ended up spending the better part of the day there. There were many harbour front stores to explore and restaurants to try but it was this antiques store that really caught my eye.

Click on the image to see a higher resolution version or to Purchase a Print.

Muskoka, Port Carling, Ontario, Antiques, store, vintage, small town,

1. Looks like an interesting place Edith! Super photograph! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

June 15, 2015 at 7:49 am

2. Think I could hang out in there a few hours 🙂 ..nice edit

Liked by 1 person

June 15, 2015 at 9:27 am

3. That’s my kind of place. Love the HDR on this.

June 16, 2015 at 4:57 am

• Thanks Julie buts its not technically HDR. It’s only one exposure but I used a plugin call Lucis to process this one.

June 16, 2015 at 8:54 pm

That place looks like it has some great subjects inside to photograph. Nice find Edith.

June 16, 2015 at 3:18 pm

5. Great shot Edith, my wife would LOVE this place!

June 16, 2015 at 7:04 pm

6. I just love that window with those colourful chairs suspended in space. There is an antique centre we occasionally visit that has chairs in the air within the interior, but they are all natural brown and they are impossible to photograph. The colours are what make this image so good. What a great find, Edith

June 17, 2015 at 4:07 pm

7. Love this kind of store– so many stories inside. Love the post-process- I haven’t used Lucis– interesting effect that looks like a more natural “HDR-ish” look.

June 18, 2015 at 8:07 pm