NYC Subway Tableau

The New York subway series continues! This is probably one of my favourite shots…so far.  This is one of those images where the moon and the stars and the sun aligned.

Just as I pressed the shutter, the man on the platform decided to give me a little wave. I waved back just as my train arrived.

Click on the image to see the full resolution version (it really does look so much better) or to Purchase a Print.

New York, NYC, subway, station, tableau, wave, people, black and white, street photography

1. very nice!

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 7:54 am

2. Nice one.

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 8:06 am

3. That’s cool, Edith! Love the tree section of your composition and the man waving at you add some fun action. Well done!

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 8:42 am

4. There is also a woman next to the man who is waving. She has a beautiful smile. Both are the center place as a pair.

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 8:44 am

5. The black & white format really works in this image. There is a lot going on. Love the couple who have noticed your presence. “You gotta pay attention!”

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 12:34 pm

• Thanks so much. I love that couple too. I took another shot just befit ethos one and it’s not nearly as interesting.

February 8, 2016 at 4:26 pm

6. I’m not surprised you like this image so much Edith! Superb! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 1:17 pm

7. This is such a beauty, Edith! Love the action captured on the platform.

Liked by 1 person

February 8, 2016 at 3:55 pm

8. I can see why this is one of your favourite shots. It’s a great photo. So much going on along the platform, and yet it’s all contained with a strong composition. It’s like windows of life in the subway.

Liked by 1 person

February 9, 2016 at 11:42 am

Both the architectural and human components are shown in great detail!

Liked by 1 person

February 9, 2016 at 2:50 pm

10. The wave is a nice touch 🙂 The way the scene is divided into a triptych by the pillars works really well too by engaging the viewer in each part rather than getting ‘lost’ in the whole.

Liked by 1 person

February 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm

11. This a terrific shot Edith – every person on that platform plays a role in the overall canvas

February 12, 2016 at 1:40 pm

12. It seems like New York City is just one of the very special places in the world for photographing people in the urban environment. And you’re excellent at it. I really like this image. My neighborhood in Seattle is about a week away from opening up its very first subway station. It won’t have the character of the platform here (it’ll be far too bright and modern).

Liked by 1 person