Central Park’s Literary Walk

I hope all of my Canadian and American friends are having a wonderful Labor Day weekend. I thought it would be appropriate to share an image (or 3) from NYC today. The Mall in Central Park is a pedestrian walkway flanked by a quadruple row of American Elm trees. This is one of the last remaining stands of American elm in North America.

The southern end of the mall is known as Literary Walk where you’ll find the statues of Robert Burns, Sir Walter Scott and Fitz-Greene Halleck.

Below you’ll see 3 versions of my Literary Walk image, Black and white; Color and a high key artistic version. Which do you prefer???

New York, Central Park, Literary Walk, black and white, travel photography, trees, bench

New York, Central Park, Literary Walk, travel photography, trees, benches

New York, Central Park, Literary Walk, black and white, high key, trees, bench, travel photography

1. I particularly like the black and white Edith, lovely balance of tones, perfectly exposed. 🙂

September 5, 2016 at 8:16 am

2. Although I usually prefer B&W, in this case I prefer the color. Interesting about it being among the last stand of elms, didn’t realize that. Also BTW, I do like the high key and think it could be very nice in the right context.

September 5, 2016 at 8:30 am

3. B/W for me.

September 5, 2016 at 8:35 am

4. I prefer the black and white.

September 5, 2016 at 8:36 am

5. This was a tough choice, Edith, but the black and white won out for me.
    I really like that one.

September 5, 2016 at 2:51 pm

6. I love the composition you’ve chosen and I am partial to the black and white version, Edith. Fun to compare the different effects.

September 5, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Voted!
    I’ll be visiting NYC in October to meet with a group of Monochromia photographers. I am anxious to visit various parts of Central Park

September 5, 2016 at 8:37 pm

• Have a great time. I’ll actually be back in NY early October as well.

September 5, 2016 at 9:32 pm

• LB

If you’ll be in town the 14th / 15th, let me know. If you’ve visited Monochromia, you’ll know Joe, Robyn, Susan, Patti, and Stacy. There may be others joining as well. Love to meet you!

September 5, 2016 at 9:37 pm

• I’ll be there the weekend of the 8th. That’s too bad. I would have loved to meet you guys.

September 6, 2016 at 2:50 pm

8. Bravo. 🙂
    I try to walk in your footsteps.
    Je marche au même rythme qu’Argentique, l’oeil de vers…

September 6, 2016 at 3:56 am

9. Beautiful tones here, Edith, and a lovely composition. This one really caught my eye.

Liked by 2 people

September 6, 2016 at 9:27 am

10. 3.1.2. Hope u get it..

September 12, 2016 at 7:16 am

11. I seem to be in a minority for liking the high key version!
    I find the paved area and compass quite dominating, particularly with the edging that seems to cut the scene in two.The tree avenue is wonderful and the high key version makes more of it – it has an air of mystery which, in the HK version, the compass enhances. Maybe another way to explain my reaction is that my eye stops at the compass with the first two versions but is drawn deeper in with the last.
    Out of interest – which do you prefer?!

Liked by 2 people