I was in Prague at the end of September of this year and I thought that it would be a great time to go as the city is usually packed with tourists in the summer. Well it wasn’t as quiet as I had hoped. The city (especially the old city) was teeming with people.

I mean really, who can blame them, Prague is an incredible city  and once you get past the beauty of it you can then dive into its history but I’ll leave that for another post.

My husband and I walked across the Charles Bridge and found a small restaurant where we stopped to have lunch. While he was paying the bill I did what I do best, explore with camera in hand. I came across this small street and to my amazement it wasn’t packed with people.

This was such a great scene, the light, the shadows, the beautiful building at the end of the street. I knew then that this would be a good image to do a little digital painting with.

I processed this in Lightroom then brought it into Photoshop and used Topaz Impression to create the final image. Don’t forget you can get 15% off any Topaz Labs product with the code ELPHOTO.

Prague, Czech Republic, street, building, architecture, shadows, light, digital painting, travel photography

1. Beautiful picture Edith! 🙂

Liked by 2 people

November 10, 2016 at 11:16 am

2. I love the light and perspective here, Edith!

Liked by 2 people

November 10, 2016 at 11:16 am

3. Sue

Excellent!

Liked by 2 people

November 10, 2016 at 12:01 pm

4. Fascinated me too dear Edith Levy, you captured amazing light in this street. Thank you, Love, nia

Liked by 2 people

November 10, 2016 at 3:21 pm

5. Lovely Edith. We are going at the end of next September. I guess we won’t have quiet either!

Liked by 2 people

November 10, 2016 at 4:52 pm

6. Beautiful image, Edith. Could you please explain in three sentences what this Topaz feature does to an image.

Liked by 2 people

November 11, 2016 at 12:58 am

• Thanks Cornelia. Topaz Impression is a plug in that helps you create digital paintings of your images. There are about 70 different presets but you can customize each preset to your liking b adjusting the paint strokes, density, opacity, blend modes, etc.

November 11, 2016 at 9:37 pm

7. Prague is one of my favourite cities. I’ve been in summer (very hot) and in winter (very very cold)!

Liked by 2 people

November 11, 2016 at 4:43 am

8. Very beautiful! I like your painterly effect.

Liked by 2 people

November 11, 2016 at 2:29 pm

9. Very cool image Edith

Liked by 2 people

November 11, 2016 at 3:17 pm

10. I saw this on Instagram earlier and it’s so good to see it larger, Edith. It feels as if that building at the end of the street has been inserted into the scene – it’s such a contrast to the others and bathed in beautiful light. I haven’t got Impressions, time I bought it, I think.

Liked by 1 person

November 12, 2016 at 3:42 am

• Thanks so much Andy. I really do like Impression. It really kicks it up a notch with some images.

November 12, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Hi Edith – I’m distracting myself from the US presidential disaster by visiting WP.
    I like this image alot, the almost empty street, the cobblestones, and that streak of light all leading to the buildings at the end. Very nice!

Liked by 1 person

November 13, 2016 at 7:55 pm

• Thanks so much Laurie. I know it’s been a tough week. We Canadians are also in disbelief how it all turned out.

November 13, 2016 at 10:12 pm

12. We visited Prague in September four years ago – and it was crowded then. Sadly most people seemed more intent on ticking off boxes than actually seeing what was really there. Fortunately getting away form the main sites was easy to do and relatively quiet.

Liked by 1 person