Duomo di Milano

After a 3 1/2 hour train ride through the Alps we arrived in Milan. The forecast for the day we arrived was cloudy and rain. Luckily it had rained early in the morning so by the time we arrived the rain had stopped.

After checking into our hotel and dumping our bags we headed out immediately and made the Duomo our first stop. I always find that dull, grey days make great black and white images and that’s exactly what I was pre-visualizing.

Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.

Milan, Italy, Duomo, cathedral, church, black and white, monochrome, travel, pigeons

1. What a magnificent structure, Edith.
    Can you imagine the work that went into building this????
    I think it is perfect for black and white.
    Beautifully done.

Liked by 1 person

May 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm

2. Sweet image, I love the Pigeons in the frame, quite interesting!

Liked by 1 person

May 12, 2017 at 1:55 pm

3. Isn’t the Duomo di Milano just a magnificent building!!?? Beautifully captured Edith, it really looks superb in BW…

May 14, 2017 at 9:30 pm

• Thank you so much Michael and yes it is magnificent. I was really blown away by both the exterior and interior.

Liked by 1 person

May 15, 2017 at 10:33 pm

So beautiful in B&W, Edith.
    It’s nice to be visiting WP today and seeing your work

May 14, 2017 at 9:38 pm

5. There is so much that I like about this image, once I set aside my envy that you saw the Duomo without the facade shrouded in scaffolding, as I did. Something about not only the high contrast treatment but maybe the low angle gives it a timeless quality that seems as if it could’ve been shot any time during the past 100 years or so. A pleasure to meet you. Thanks for visiting Under Western Skies.

Liked by 1 person

May 23, 2017 at 12:19 am

• Thank you as well Brad for the visit and for the kind comments. I laughed at the scaffolding comment as that’s the view I had when I visited the Trevi fountain a few years ago. We just have to go back. 😉

May 23, 2017 at 9:38 am