This is the Mission San Carlos Borroméo del río Carmelo or as it’s better known, The Carmel Mission. The mission was first established in Carmel in 1771. The Carmel Mission is considered to be the most authentically restored Franciscan mission. It’s courtyard and gardens are just beautiful and even with lots of people roaming around was very peaceful and serene. This is the front courtyard and facade of the chapel.
Click on the image to enlarge (it really does look better) or to Purchase a Print.