Topaz Labs added to its award-winning line-up of plug-ins yesterday with the launch of Topaz Restyle. Have you ever stared at your computer screen and just felt that the image you were working on needed something else but just couldn’t put your finger on it. Topaz ReStyle helps you expands your creative vision by offering photographic styles you might never have dreamed of, or that you weren’t sure how to create. With over a thousand looks (or pre-sets) and the ability to fine tune your effect to your liking, Topaz ReStyle gives you more options than you can imaging.
The work space / interface is the same as other Topaz plug-in’s you’ve come to rely on and that big, beautiful preview box pops up before you click on your preset so that you can quickly scroll through and see what your image will look like.
Here are some of the unique features introduced in Topaz ReStyle:
1. Breakthrough Mapping Technology. ReStyle introduces a cutting-edge process of mapping color and tone statistics from a selected style to a target image. This new technology creates high-quality transformations, even for dramatic styles and looks.
2. New Style/Preset Creation Method. ReStyle creates presets using a source image’s color and tones, allowing you to save your own unique styles to use later.
5. Blending Modes. With ReStyle, Topaz Labs has incorporated blending modes for the adjustment modules, essentially showing 8 different looks for each style preset.
3. HSL Technology in 5-Color Style Sliders. Easily enhance your selected style’s 5 dominant colors using the unique hue, saturation and luminance controls.
4. Advanced Masking Workflow. The masking module, attached to each adjustment tab, contains a comprehensive set of tools including an edge-aware brush, gradient mask, smart feather tool, color aware tool and more.
5. User Interface Design. Topaz Labs has developed a cleaner, more modern and efficient interface to improve usability, workflow and overall aesthetics.
Ok…so let me show you. (Click on the images to enlarge…they look better)
I also used Topaz Clarity in the second image (before applying ReStyle) to make the image pop slightly.
Topaz ReStyle will be priced at $59.99 but Topaz Labs is offering 50%off, so until Aug 31 you can purchase ReStyle for $29.99. Click here to purchase or why not download a free trial and give it a test run first.
On Tuesday November 15th Topaz Labs will be releasing its latest update…Topaz Adjust 5. As a long time user of Topaz Adjust I was very excited to hear that they were updating the software but once I read what those updates would include…well let’s just say I’v been spending a lot of time in front of the computer.
Here are just some of the exciting new features and tools you’ll find in the new Topaz Adjust 5
- Selective Brush. For easy dodging, burning smoothing and removing adjustments.
- Finishing touches. Features options for borders, transparency, grain, warmth, vignettes and more.
- Preset collections. Presets are organized into unique collections.
- Apply button. Stack multiple effects and presets during the same workflow.
- Auto create layer. Automatically creates a new layer where your adjustments will be saved to.
- Effect enable/disable. Clickable preview options that allow you to hide or view a set of adjustments for easy comparison.
- Histogram. Built into the Preview Navigator window.
- Ordered interface workflow. The interface is set up in numbered stages for a quick and easy workflow.
- Individual tab reset buttons. Quickly reset the parameters in a specific adjustment tab without affecting your other settings.
- Split Screen. Use the 2-screen split view for easy before and after comparison.
Topaz Labs have made some great changes to the plug-in. The interface is now very similar to Topaz Black & White Effects and while its always been intuitive and user friendly it now makes your workflow that much easier.
You can click on the images to view a larger size.
The first image is the original RAW file straight out of the camera. This was taken on the Amalfi Coast in Italy and I wanted to give the image an old 60’s feel to it. The final image, under it, was created with Adjust 5 using the Film Collection and the Timeless IV preset. I gave it a slight boost in detail and added a vignette and then desaturated a touch to come up with this final image.
This new version really rocks but what I love most is that it automatically creates a new layer in Photoshop when you launch the plug-in. With over 100 presets, the new collections & presets really allow you to get creative with your images. The selective brush tool lets you easily and effectively make selective adjustments such as dodging & burning. The Smooth option lets you smooth out details when you need to clean up a sky and the Brush Out tool allows you to easily taper down the strength of effects or remove them altogether.
The tentative release date for Topaz Adjust 5 is NOvember 15th. Check the Topaz Labs site on that date for information.